1. The day started nice and early over at our house. Andrew left early for the hospital and I left for a run (my niece was staying at our house so I could sneak out while everyone was asleep). I didn’t have long before I needed to be back but 36 minutes of running is a whole lot better than no running in my opinion. I told myself (and I was SURE of this) that I would do strength training at home later on in the afternoon. Take a guess… do you think that actually happened? Nope, it didn’t. My workout motivation is high in the morning but then from there it crashes to about a 0% chance of happening after noon.
2. The PureFlow 6s (my full review on these shoes is here) continue to impress me. Light, flexible, supportive & purple… what else do I need in a pair of running shoes. Each morning I have a tough debate with myself over whether to wear these or my Launch’s (review of those here)… such hard decisions I have over here! PS I don’t know why my back foot is tilted so much to the side during this picture but maybe this is something I need to be working on…
3. From there it was straight to an EARLY family event. Megan D told me about the peaches at Costco yesterday so I did what I would normally do and went STRAIGHT to Costco after this conversation. She was right. 100% right. The Costco peaches are everything right now. Go (at least if you live in Utah).
4. My sister, aunt and sister-in-law + a lot of other family were there too. My oldest nephew just graduated from high school and he is leaving on a mission (for my church) soon to Texas… so lots of get-togethers before he leaves.
5. From there the kids and I changed into swimsuits and made a quick stop to walk around the Farmer’s Market. We left with some homemade slime and Hawaiian Punch so clearly it was a successful time there!
6. And then it was time to meet a friend at the pool with her four year old. We brought pb & j sandwiches and hung out there for a few hours.
7. We were beyond hot by the end and the best way to cool off according to the kids is a trip to the snow cone shack.
8. I think I’m snow-coned out so I went for the Dippin’ Dots instead. These took me straight back to junior high… this was my ultimate treat back then.
9. The friend we went with sent me this picture of her peach shake from Chick-Fil-A and I can honestly say that she made the much better post-pool decision. I’ll work on my decision making skills.
10. Showers and in PJs by 4 pm:) We did all of the laundry and cleaned most of the house (those other parts of the house… out of sight out of mind? Right? Maybe I’ll clean those rooms next week;)
11. I brought back an old love for dinner. I kind of forgot about sweet potatoes (I KNOW?!) but was reminded when I opened the cupboard searching for dinner! If you haven’t tried a sweet potato with bbq sauce yet, you haven’t unlocked the full potential of a sweet potato yet.
12. When you open up a bag of chips from Costco and it looks like 72% of the bag has already been eaten:
13. Probably not my best idea to take these two to Target minutes before bedtime.
14. Found these though… The convenience of such goodness is amazing.
15. Jordan Hasay. She doesn’t post on IG a ton but when she does, I get really excited because her posts/quotes are always the best. “A head full of doubts and fear has no room for dreams.” WOW. I love thinking about it that way… why waste our brain space with silly doubts/fears when we could make room for so many better things!
What was the best part of your Saturday?
Can you find the motivation to work out later in the day?
Have a farmer’s market that you go to? Favorite stuff to get there?
What’s your Sunday morning breakfast!