Happy Wednesday everyone! We are on the road right now to celebrate Christmas with our kiddos…
We are going to Disneyland on Friday (we don’t have the kids for Christmas so we are doing this to celebrate instead) and then visit Andrew’s grandparents on Saturday. We’ll head home after that so it’s a nice, short trip. The picture below is from Brooke’s last visit there. This will be Knox’s first time so I can’t wait to see his little face when we get there!
Instead of sharing selfies of me in the car and the kids snoozing (they are really good at sleeping in the car which is something I wish I could do better), I’m going to share a few gift ideas for the runners in your life, your family, kids, friends etc.
A portion of this post is sponsored by Toca Boca!
1. Toca TV!!!!
I am loving Toca TV for the kids and I’m sure Brooke and Knox would recommend it to all of their friends out there:)
Toca Boca just came out with a video streaming service for kids called Toca TV!!! Just like any of the Toca Boca apps, Toca TV was designed from the kid’s perspective and it is the most playful video experience out there for kids!
What I love about Toca TV for kids is that every piece on there (which includes thousands of original and curated videos from all around the web) is picked and prescreened to make sure it is right, safe and enjoyable for kids. Toca TV never has any third-party advertising or pre-roll ads which I LOVE. I am pretty picky about what I let the kids watch and Toca TV has my approval big time with the content they include, without any ads which is so nice because I never have to worry about something inappropriate popping up while they are watching a show. Plus I love that it is interactive and something fun for the two of them to do together!
With Toca TV the kids can even film their own videos using the Toca TV recording tool and awesome animated filters which Brooke and Knox also had a blast with!
2. Let’s talk about runners of course! I’ve got a bunch of random ideas for the runner in your life——> register them for their favorite race, get them a Spotify subscription for some awesome music, a foam roller, these headphones, a neck warmer to wear while running (hint hint Andrew;), figure out what their favorite fuel is to use during a run and buy them a box of it (I’m loving Huma Chia Energy Gels).
Sneak into their closet, find their favorite running shoes and see what size they are and order them another pair:) Nothing like a new pair of running shoes. A spin bike for them to cross-train with (I love mine, THIS ONE). Running hats or headbands like these.
A gift card for them to go get a sports massage or regular massage to get those running muscles worked on. This Twas The Night Before The Race mug that my aunt gave me one year or this May all your Miles be merry ornament;)
3. Slippers. Putting them on is the first thing I do when I get home. I bought these this year and I’ve had these in previous years and loved them. I think slippers are an excellent idea for the runners in your life. We need to take care of these feet of ours.
4. Some sort of crazy soft blanket. I bought this one from Costco a few years ago and just now retired it because I used it so much and got a new one. It is so soft and only $12. I can’t find them online but go grab some if you have a Costco close by.
5. To go along with the above photo, a hydroflask. Andrew and I both bought the 40 ounce ones and we take it everywhere we go. It helps me to drink WAY more water than I did before because it keeps the water cold all day long. We also bought the straw attachment to make it easier to use.
6. ANY and EVERY chocolate deliciousness from Trader Joe’s. These are the gifts that I give out to my neighbors and as part of my present for my mom and sister too of course. My personal favorites are these Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe Joe’s!
7. For any of the mom’s in your life, I personally LOVE my MAMA necklace. I wear it pretty close to every day. I got it here and they have a few different options of mom necklaces!
I also LOVE thought blossoms jewelry, and their active bracelets where you can put on your own personalized mantra’s or things that the person you are buying it for would love.
I got these for my Boston training and race:)
8. Also, for any parents with little one’s on your list, Andrew and I LOVE reading “Remarkably Average Parenting”… it is hilarious. I am pretty sure our kids wrote these 30 steps.
And a few books that I LOVE for any runners in your life—> How Bad Do you Want It, Hansons Marathon Method, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, Mile Markers, Kara Goucher’s Running for Women, Eat & Run. You could also buy them a subscription to a running magazine.
Today before leaving (and sitting in the car for the next two days:) I am going to be doing this workout on my treadmill! Anyone want to join me in doing this one? I should get in about 9 miles with this nice and sweaty workout and then the next few days I’m taking off. Anything to keep things changing up often and keep me entertained on the treadmill is a win for me:
Speaking of treadmills, Megan got this picture of us running the last time I did speed on the treadmill next to Andrew:) I was pretty focused on not falling off the treadmill.
Five more things before I let you go.
1. This space heater is my new best friend. I have it right next to my desk and it is keeping me happy this winter.
2. Just eating a frozen banana in shorts in the winter. Completely normal.
3. This is my favorite Christmas Album currently. I have been listening to it on repeat.
4. Looking pretty hardcore in Andrew’s hat.
5. If you live near a Sodalicious then please try their chocolate cookie with peppermint icing. I might need a few more of these before Christmas.
FAVORITE CHRISTMAS ALBUM!?!?
What are some of your favorite running books? Reading any currently?
What’s your favorite treat at Trader Joe’s? How close is the nearest TJ’s to you? Do you go there often?
Favorite RIDE or TREAT at Disneyland?