1. 10.41 miles with Emilee @ 8:49 average pace.
An $11 tank that isn’t a running tank but felt great on the run and I think it is so cute.
2. We had a great time playing outside until a wasp got Brooke. I swear tiny insects are after my kids.
3. My mom took my kids on a dollar store shopping spree…
Brooke’s reaction when she told them they each had six dollars to buy whatever they wanted inside:
4. She took us all to lunch afterward.
5. I had a pimple on my nose that hurt a lot each time I put on my sunglasses.
6. Anytime Beck is in his chair, Beretta is there waiting and hoping for food.
7. Beck continued to get stuck in the most random places. He is quite mobile!
8. Andrew was reunited with his bike after it has been broken for a little while.
8. On Sunday morning Brooke woke up with her eye very swollen from the wasp sting. We gave her some Benedryl which helped (she couldn’t open her eye when she first woke up!) so she needed a couch day.
9. These three went to church.
10. Had the family over for some burgers!
11. Finished off the night with angel food cake (via a boxed cake mix) with whip cream and strawberries.
And next time I make angel food cake I am going to use a bigger pan;)
Beck is now 8.5 months old… Not sure how that happened so quickly!
When Skye was 9 (almost 10) months old I hit the goal I had been dreaming about for eight years, a sub-three marathon.
The other day I was thinking that there is no chance on the planet I would be able to run a sub-three marathon in just a few weeks when Beck is the same age that Skye was when I ran a 2:59. Fifteen miles last Friday almost KILLED ME (I’m not dramatic either, I almost called an uber, but I didn’t have service in the canyon)… I couldn’t even imagine taking another step. I probably won’t be doing another marathon until Chicago 2022! It would be easy to get down on myself that I’m not doing the same thing this time around. It would be easy to stop celebrating the accomplishments I am hitting because they aren’t what I did last time.
We could spend our ENTIRE lives comparing ourselves to what we used to do or be… but that would be a great way to make life miserable. Each season of our lives is so different from the next so let’s all celebrate where we are right now because that sure feels good to do that. Being proud of the now and wherever you are at today will transform our lives!
Tell yourself RIGHT NOW that you are doing a fantastic job in the season you are in and I’ll do the same:)
Had any kitchen fails lately? Any kitchen successes?
Favorite type of cake?
Who else has been stung by something lately? Allergic to anything?
Tell me something you are doing a great job with in whatever season of life you are currently in!