I woke up on the complete wrong side of the bed yesterday morning. It happens. Luckily, as the day went on it got better and better because of these highlights:
1. Hayden, she is the best. Her little boy makes me laugh so hard because he is the world’s fastest crawler ever. He is pretty much a blur when he crawls because he gets going so fast.
2. Carbs upon carbs upon carbs upon carbs. Sometimes they are the best medicine. PS Brooke refuses to be in a high chair these days.. she is much too old and mature for such a thing.
3. Getting this text from Candice. Thanks for being my octopus.
4. Seeing this… Runners: What You Feel Like and What You Really Look Like.
5. A GOOD LUCK DINNER FOR JEN last night. She is off to run Grandma’s Marathon this weekend and I am so excited for her. She ran a 2:54 this last October at the St. George Marathon without very much training so I can’t wait to see what she does this Saturday after all of the hard work she has put into this training cycle. She is pretty much my idol.
6. Brooke’s highlight was being held by Rachelle and having a capri sun. Capri Suns (and orange slices) will always remind me of soccer games as a kid.
7. Hawaiian Haystacks, it has been way too long since we have been together.
8. Have you ever seen more delicious looking cookies in your life? Utah people—> These are from Smart Cookie.
9. After I put Brooke down it was time to see Edge of Tomorrow. I loved it. Like usual, I got a little too into it and my heart rate was soaring the entire movie.
10. This is definitely a highlight—> I am no longer walking like I have broken legs (I have been asked in the parking lot of the store what is wrong with me this week because I have been walking so crazy because my legs were so sore after the marathon).
11. To go along with #10… I am not injured anymore. That was a long 5 weeks.
12. My latest post-midnight activity of browsing Pinterest for way too long looking for decorating ideas for my new apartment. Who needs sleep when you can just spend that time on Pinterest.
13. Not quite a highlight but we will just count it as one of the 13! Here is my playlist from my marathon. I always speed up my songs using GarageBand so that I have fast songs to try to match my feet with as I am running. HERE is a tutorial on how to speed up songs.
–Love Runs Out by OneRepublic
–Turn Down For What by DJ Snake & Lil Jon
–Dark Horse by Katy Perry
–All I ever Wanted! by Basshunters
–Timber by Pitbull
–Can’t Hold Us by Macklemore & Ryan
–Till’ I Collapse by Eminem
–Counting Stars by One Republic
–Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce
–Shake It Out by Florence + The Machine
–Miss Jackson by Panic! At the Disco
–Turbulence by Laidback Luke and Lil Jon
–My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark by Fall Out Boy
–Pain by Jimmy Eat World
–Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris
–300 Violin Orchestra by Jorge Quintero
–Heart of a Champion by Nelly
–Tennis Courts by Lorde
–The Distance by Cake
–Mean by Taylor Swift (I know, random but this song is kind of close to my heart;)
–Sail by AWOLNATION
–Papercut by Linkin Park
–Where’d You Go by Fort Minor (I edited this song using Garage Band too).
Anyone running Grandma’s Marathon this weekend? Has anyone done this marathon in the past? Thoughts? What is the course like?
A highlight from your Wednesday (or Thursday)?!?
Pinterest—> how often do you use it? Favorite categories on Pinterest to look through?
Where are you reading from right now? Home, work, school, some random place? (This isn’t so that I can stalk you but for some reason I am just interested to know)