My plan until ‘official training for Boston’ is to run Tuesdays and Thursdays (of course only if everything is still feeling good) and cross-train the other days.
This morning I did 3 miles in these………
1% incline 8:20 minute miles. I have done a 5-finger shoe review beforehere if you want to know more.
And then 10 miles in these……….
1% incline with an average of 7:41 miles. You can make fun of my 10.5 size feet, I’ve heard all the jokes already.
Not even the slightest amount of knee pain. Take that Mr. OLD injury.
My feet are raw from the Vibrams today. Just a few blisters:) I lost the calluses that I built up from barefoot running.
Can I share something really kind of demented about me….. I kind of find blisters awesome. That is all I will say about that.
Sorry I had too….this was from the Utah Valley Marathon because it was raining the whole time…puddles and running 26.2 miles don’t mix.
Oh, and yes that is hair on my knees. The only way I can squeeze in exercising so much, a full-time job, baking ridiculous amounts of sugary foods, stalking you guys and blogging is by sacrificing things like shaving, washing my hair and plucking my eyebrows.
Some peeps have wondered how in the heck (Utah word, sorry) I can run so long on a treadmill without losing it….
1. First of all, I probably have lost it mentally already, we all know I am a little off in the first place. Good thing I fooled Billy while we were dating, he thought I was normal…muhahaha.
2. I am very simple minded. Thinking about the most random things keeps me happy.
3. I am a numbers fool and I love thinking about pace, times and crossing the finish line of my marathon sub 3 hours.
4. I get to watch TV without feeling like I should be learning and getting smarter and stuff…who does that anyways.
4. I am RUNNING…what else do you need in this life? Besides this…..
P.S. I think I am officially addicted to McDonalds ice cream.
What do you think about barefoot running? Do you stare at those weirdos wearing Vibrams like they have some serious problems?
-I have to admit I have lost friends, and lost cool points with my students because of them.
Favorite chocolate candy bar? (Sorry, I need to know these things people!)
-Milky way, Carmellos and COOKIES and CREME bars. It has been the same since I was 5. If you need my address to send these to me just shoot an email on over.