Today is a huge day. Brooke is NINE MONTHS OLD TODAY!
Every day gets better and better. She really is the best. Getting her out of the crib in the morning is in fact my favorite thing in the world.
2 things about the below image.
1. How in the world was I already out the door and doing my running drills at 5:47 this morning?
2. How in the world was it already 79 degrees at 5:47 this morning?
3 things about my run:
1. There were a trillion other runners out that early and it felt like it was the middle of the day because it was so busy out. I guess if you are going to run here, you run early.
2. I lost 14 lbs of water weight during my run and will replenish my body with 14 lbs of froyo later on in the day.
3. I FORGOT MY GARMIN in Utah. As I was searching for it this morning I nearly had a heart attack when I realized it was in my sister’s jogging stroller. I don’t know how I could have let this happen. Trying to convince her to FedEx overnight it to me so I never have to go without it again.
Billy love the app Strava so I gave it a shot today. It is pretty cool because it tracks your running etc (although I don’t know how accurate the pace was for me because it felt really off throughout my run but maybe I was just still asleep) and you can compete against other people that have ran the same route etc.
A screen shot of what Strava looks like 14 minutes into my run.
Oh yeah. I also got lost on my way back. Turns out every house/street/thing looks the exact same in their neighborhood and I had to put their address in my gps in order to get back home. My phone is my brain.
Splash pad. Free. Kids love it. Pure awesomeness.
Next to the splash pad were swings. Brooke was living the dream.
Brooke and her cousin are just 9 months apart. It is perfect.
My nephew, niece and Brooke all passed out in the back seat on the way home.
My brilliant sister-in-law decided we should use her buy one get one free coupon for lunch. If you have read my blog from back in my teaching high school days you may remember that I ate Subway sandwiches a few times a week.
I am so happy to reintroduce the ham and swiss cheese with all the veggies (except olives) back into my life.
***** edited to add. I just found my Garmin in my bag. Do not continue to worry about the fact I almost had to live a few days without it.
Do you use your phone ever to track your run? Ever tried Strava before? Thoughts?
Subway lovers: What kind of sandwich do you order there?
Would you rather run when it is hot hot hot or freezing cold?
Ever gotten lost on a run?
(Feel free to wish Brooke happy nine month birthday)