While I was napping under my desk yesterday during my lunch break (I wish I was kidding) I got a text from Billy asking if I wanted to go night skiing as soon as I was done with work. I don’t know how, but my body was suddenly injected with energy and I was stoked to get my ski on. We loaded the car, I put on 35 layers and ate my favorite brand of apple (honeycrisp) with some pb.
As we were driving to the resort (Brighton) this little number started to scare me.
We got to the resort and found out that they don’t do night skiing for two more days. Boo, such a hard life I live…no skiing the day after a vacation;) This was kind of a good thing because judging by the fact that I spend 90% of my winter days within 6 inches of my space heater, I don’t know if I would have made it down that mountain alive.
Plan B: Head on over to our friends condo near Park City and hang out and then go to dinner with them in Midway. Two of the friends are from Australia and taught me an awesome Australian accent, our waitress thought I was from Australia too, I am so proud.
Pizzeria with paper as tableclothes with crayons= I beat Billy in 6 consecutive games of tic tac toe.
I had the margherita pizza and a pear and gorgonzola salad and Billy had the chicken and pesto pizza.
Some fun things I learned from my new Australian friends:
1. They call a salad, SALADS and when you order a Subway sandwich they ask you what salads you want on your sandwich instead of toppings.
2. It is common in their area to eat spaghetti with sour cream and doritos.
3. They said that you can’t take your leftovers home from most restaurants because they are afraid of lawsuits if someone gets sick off of the leftovers. This hurt my heart a little bit, what is better than eating leftovers the next day for lunch? Nothing.
4. No central heating (in their area).
5. Utah ice cream is really really good and they would eat it everyday like I do if they lived here.
I love going out to dinner when their are other girls with us too because dessert isn’t even an option, it is just something you do.
Billy and I split the mint chocolate chip and hot fudge sundae. Cherry just for decoration, I am not a fan.
I didn’t workout yesterday but I am thinking a little spin bike action is just what my body and soul need at some point today.
Do you ski or snowboard or neither? Do you have ski resorts near you?
-SKI and Billy snowboards.
What is your ideal sundae?
-Vanilla ice cream (I am boring) with hot fudge, caramel and marshmallow topping. I could do without the nuts but extra whip cream is necessary.
Would you rather live somewhere that is ridiculously hot or ridiculously cold?
How are you getting your workout on today?