I’m gonna go ahead and share our Saturday in 15 pictures so let’s get started:
1. Miles with friends are by far my favorite miles… We even showed up to our run matching a bit which I’m sure made us look pretty cool to the cars that passed by us.
2. The things we do for running;)
3. Candice saved the day… Andrew had labs at the hospital early in the morning yesterday and I had 9 miles to get done before he left. I’m not one to run in the dark by myself and luckily Candice was game with leaving early so I didn’t have to use the treadmill! A 7:56 average pace for the 9 miles along with 5 x 20 seconds fast (6:18 average) w/1 minute walking recoveries (aka strides). PS yesterday was the Salt Lake City Marathon which was my first marathon 8 years ago… time flies when you like running a lot (that didn’t make sense but please note above alarm clock time and just smile and nod;).
4. OOTM (outfit of the morning).
5. I made these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and oh my goodness. Please make these if you like cookies.
6. The kids were outside pretending that they were on a campout while I made cookies (you don’t make cookies at 9 a.m. on a Saturday?). The happy smiles lasted until they saw a ‘tarantula’ (it definitely wasn’t a tarantula but they were sure it was) and they came inside screaming and crying.
7. Skye took a long morning nap. I was tempted to wake her up to hang out with me but I let her sleep instead.
8. Andrew is kind of over sweet potatoes. I know, how could he? He never really ate sweet potatoes before me and then once we got married we had multiple times a week so he is a little burnt out. I made sure to enjoy a really good one yesterday while he was gone topped with chicken, avocado, beans, corn and bbq sauce.
9. Brooke missed gymnastics this last week so they let her do a make-up class type thing on Saturday instead. I am positive she ended the day with more steps than I did because of this… it was 90 minutes long.
10. We had a few errands to get done including racing through a grocery store for a few things because I do not like grocery shopping at all anymore.
11. Snack time while Skye stared at the ceiling fan with me.
12. Andrew came home from his labs up at Primary Children’s Hospital. He is now doing his OB/GYN & Peds rotation so it was fun to hear about a bunch of the stuff that he learned about yesterday.
13. Skye was just happy because the fun parent was finally home.
14. Andrew had been craving In-N-Out big time lately so he picked that up and we had that for dinner.
15. We finished off the night with a walk around the neighborhood and then Andrew and I watched How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days.
Race day is this Saturday! I’ve got a few weeks of some good training under my belt so I’m excited to see where I am at for these 13.1 miles up ahead of me! I seriously have no idea where I am at fitness wise for a half-marathon and since this is my first post-Skye race I’m just going to enjoy the experience and put zero pressure on myself.
Monday: 8 miles @ 8:30 average.
Tuesday: 6 miles @ 8:43 average.
Wednesday: 9.6 miles total—> 2 mile w/u, 25 minutes @ 7:00, 3 minute walking recovery, 8 x .25 miles (1:37, 1:32, 1:36, 1:34, 1:35, 1:36, 1:34, 1:35 ((around a 6:20 average pace)) w/90 second recoveries after each one, 2 mile c/d.
Thursday: 6 miles @ 8:48 average.
Friday: 8 miles @ 8:32 average.
Saturday: 9.3 miles total. 9 miles @ 7:56 average and then after I fed Skye I finished w/5 x 20 seconds fast (6:18 average for those with 1 minute walking recoveries after each one).
46.9 miles for the week. Wednesday was my hard workout for the week and the rest were done at an easyish pace except for the 5 x 20 seconds fast on Saturday. This week will include a nice little taper and then we leave for Vegas on Friday!
What was your best run last week? Your hardest run?
Are you more terrified of snakes or spiders OR a different animal/insect?
-Both are awful to me but snakes are way scarier to me.
What is a food that you have recently eaten so much of that you are now sick of it?
What’s your Sunday morning breakfast?