I forgot to mention this morning that my new Lobster shoes also came with a Lobster foam thing and Brooke thinks it is hilarious.
We started our morning off like normal. A spoonfull of almond butter before getting breakfast ready (we both wake up too hungry to wait) and then I got my run on.
I loved the Launch 2s. I think they would actually make a great shoe for marathon racing. They are lightweight (7.9 oz) but still have the comfort from the BioMoGo DNA. They were flexible and the adaptive cushioning is great… one size doesn’t fit all runners and that is why I love it.
I did 9 miles at a 8:20 pace and I was overall just tired.com after yesterday’s 12 x 800 workout. I wanted to just bag the run because it was just an ‘easy’ run but kept reminding myself about the BENEFITS OF EASY RUNS to keep me from calling it quits. There is a reason easy runs are built into our training plans, they aren’t just junk miles. They do all sorts of things to help out our running:
Jaqueline told me this morning that my new Lobster shoes reminded her of when Brooke was a rocking lobster for Halloween. Yep.
I finally restocked our sweet potato stash. It had been a good 5 days since my last sweet potato and that is 5 days too long.
Five random things for today:
1. Bangs Friend got me good. We are actually in a fight now because of this April Fools joke that she played on me. I was seriously so beyond excited that she was having her baby.
2. I had to stop at the store today because I forgot to pick up the #1 ranked Easter candy yesterday.
PS I know that it is #1 ranked because I stood in the Easter candy aisle at Target for about 10 minutes and took note of what people were putting into their shopping carts. Six out of eight people grabbed the Starburst Jellybeans.
3. It’s that time of year where my eyeballs want to die from all of the pollen in the air. Anyone else get allergies pretty bad? What do you take to help?
4. I registered for the St. George Marathon this morning. Please cross your fingers that I get picked in the lottery. I have a feeling that at mile 23 of the Boston Marathon (when my legs are feeling like they are going to fall off) I will be wondering why I signed up for another marathon. I am hooked.
5. A few people have asked about where I got my jean jacket from… I bought it HERE (and you get 30% off by using the code SPRINGSTYLE). I bought it when I was in California and sad about having to do the whole ‘Brooke exchange with her Dad’ thing… I cope by shopping and by being creepy to my friends.
Anyone having a baby soon? Boy or girl? When is your due date?
Allergies? What helps you?
Are you hungry when you first wake up or does it take a bit of time for you to feel hungry in the morning?
-If I wake up before 7 it usually takes me a little while to feel hungry but anytime after and I run to the kitchen first thing.
Do you agree with the #1 ranked Easter candy or is there something you like more?