Black ice is sure sneaky. Add the sneakiness to the fact that it was way too early to be out and about running and it is a recipe for falling.
The path seemed really clear and it was only lightly snowing and then boom. I slid and then my feet went forward and my head backwards. I stayed on the ground for a few minutes, made Josse take my picture and then when I stood up I felt fine. I am counting down the minutes until spring time when I don’t have to worry about ice anymore.
At least we know that my reflective gear works.
(Yes, I am being extra dramatic for the picture)
7 miles with Josse and then 4 at home until Brookers woke up. I have to go to California this weekend and I don’t know how much running I will get in so I am trying to fit in some longish runs before I leave.
I love that there isn’t ice on my treadmill.
Time for the usual Monday randomness.
1. A crown, necklace, bracelet and baby doll. Brooke was in heaven on Saturday. You can just see in this picture how sweet Brooke is, she was giving that baby doll a very heartfelt hug.
2. Chocolate chip waffle topped with bananas and syrup Sunday morning. Yep.
3. What it looks like when you spill a box of Rice Krispy’s at your friend’s house. Oops.
4. A reader sent me this picture and said that it reminded her of me and my sister. I agree.
5. A family member has the hookups with getting makeup and so she gave this to me for Christmas. I am having so much fun experimenting with it all. I really like makeup. My other Christmas present this year was from Brooke and they were THESE boots because I have wanted them for so so long (and they were on sale)… we are counting them as my birthday present too;)
6. I saw this on Facebook and I really am going to do #1 and #10.
7. These two food establishments are located in the same store at our mall. Anyone want to come try a Cinnabon ice cream sundae with me?
Who was the last person that you went running with?
Makeup… yay or nay?!
What’s on your to do list today?