It feels good to put on running clothes again! I walked another 2.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday morning and just 17 days until I’ll be running again (as long as everything is good to go)!
I listened to another Oprah Supersoul Conversation. Something that stood out to me was something she talks about doing three times a day… SHE STOPS AND THINKS ABOUT WHAT IS GOING RIGHT! Isn’t it a million times easier to look around throughout the day and see the things going wrong? I LOVE the idea to stop and pay attention to all that is going right. I tried it yesterday (I did it like 50 times because I was so excited about it) and it was amazing.
Let’s just go ahead and start today off with the most random story. I was changing clothes yesterday morning which made the back of my earring pop off. They were new earrings from Andrew so I called him in to search the room for the back of my earring. Neither of us could find it anywhere. I jumped in the shower and felt something weird in my ear. Yep, it was the back of my earring. In my ear. I do not even know how this happened but I’m blaming it on being tired…
The girls were quite the fashionistas yesterday between Skye’s ‘Hug Life’ outfit…
And Brooke’s Rudolph socks… she is all about picking her own outfits these days!
We went out yesterday to hit up Target. Brooke and I to ran in and grabbed a few things. I love looking back and seeing Brooke telling her sister all sorts of stories!
The Valentine’s Day candy is already out at Target. Themed candy is my favorite but is this too soon? I guess we are only about 1.5 months away (do not forget, my bday is the day before Vday;)!
We got to see my nephews for a second while we were out too!
And then it was back home for my favorite thing…
I am getting really spoiled by this warmer weather and clean air… I’m just hoping it lasts for the rest of winter:) We went to a park and Brooke played…
while Andrew went on a 4 mile run. He is still agreeing to do a marathon this year with me so that’s a big deal.
As far as meals went yesterday…
Breakfast along with a yogurt.
A tuna sandwich (I’m weird and just mix the tuna with bbq sauce… but that’s just like a bbq chicken sandwich right?), salad and edamame.
Andrew made the BEST dinner. We are adding this to our list of meals that we want to eat frequently… he even fired up the grill! Brown sugar pineapple chicken!
Dessert came out of here! Andrew’s parents gave this to us as part of our Christmas present and I’m grateful each day:)
PJ time. The time where Andrew and I cross every finger and toe that Skye will sleep well that night.
The new year has all of us thinking about what we want to do with the next 12 months. I’ll share a few things that I’ve been thinking about with my running that I want to do in 2018 and I’d love to hear yours!
1. To take strength training seriously. My quads are exhausted walking up the stairs right now (and that is how it should be… I just had a baby:) but I am excited to build some muscle again and my fastest friends are the ones that put in the time for strength training.
2. I really want to focus on the small successes. It’s going to be a slow buildup and a marathon isn’t going to happen overnight so instead of just celebrating the big successes, I want to focus on the small blocks along the way. That is going to make the process a whole lot more exciting!
3. To remember this (from Marathon Man: My 26.2 Mile Journey)… TRUST THE PROCESS. The body always responds!
4. While I am going to come back slow and smart with my training, I want to repeat to myself ‘I can do it now’… I don’t want to hold myself back. Now is the time and rather than coming up with a billion excuses for not doing things, I want to remind myself that I can do it now!
5. Getting back into running/training/workout/race shape is going to be hard. It just is:) Part of my running motivation throughout the year normally is to continue working hard just to avoid having to get back into running shape again ha. It’s going to take a lot of work, patience and consistency to build up again but I want to really remember this quote with my training. I love it:
A question from Andrew… would you rather live somewhere VERY hot or somewhere VERY cold?
Anything particular you are going to do for your running this year?
Favorite way to have your eggs cooked? Favorite addition to your eggs?
Are your ears pierced.. if yes, when did you get them pierced?
-In my family we got to get them pierced when we turned 12.