1. Hello from most of our crew:
2. Below is the hair of somebody that slept 6 hours and 50 minutes STRAIGHT. I woke up freaking out (and hurting a little bit ha) thinking something was wrong at 5:50 because usually Skye wakes me up long before that to eat! She didn’t wake up at her normal times and she just wanted to snooze for pretty much double the time that she normally does. I’m not counting on this being a new thing but I am very thankful that it did happen because it felt amazing.
3. Fed, played and then she took her nap snuggled up on Andrew and I set out for a run!
4. I think that all of the sleep had me craving to move my legs a little bit.
5. The crazy part about that feeling that I had once I left the door was that it was very windy and I still wanted to see if I could get my legs moving. Normally the wind makes me want to run as slow as possible.
6. What I ended up doing was a 10 minute warm-up followed by 5 x 1 minute fast for me (between a 6:55-7:05 pace) w/ a one minute recovery after each one. Then I finished off with just running a normal pace until I hit 4.5 miles.
7. There is something I like to do during intervals when I am tired and need to get my brain somewhere else than thinking about wanting to quit—> I love to try to guess where I will hit the end of the interval. I turn it into a guessing game. Will the interval finish up at the stop sign up a head? The tree at the corner of the next street? Where a certain parked car is on the road up ahead? I like to turn intervals into a little game for myself to see where the interval will end… try it and let me know if it helps you. This is a little harder for longer intervals but maybe start guessing towards the end of that interval. I always like to over guess a bit so I go a little faster at the end to get to where I guessed the minute/mile/half-mile/(whatever the interval is) ends.
Also, I almost stepped on a mouse during my run. I was about an inch away from full on stepping on the mouse that ran right under me. That got my heart rate up higher than the intervals.
8. Andrew went mountain biking once I got home. I wanted to take the kids to my niece’s basketball game but of course that took a million years. So the drive-thru at Wendy’s saved me for our lunch. Not going to lie, their pecan salad is heavenly.
9. Surprisingly we made it on time to the game. I’m not sure how but it happened (I shouldn’t congratulate myself too much.. the game was at 1 ha).
10. They were both pretty happy to see my nephew.
11. This was Skye’s first basketball game ever and she snoozed the entire time.
12. There was about 5 minutes yesterday afternoon when Skye was showing me all sorts of big smiles! When Brooke saw this picture she said, ‘Skye is so cute it makes my eyes melt.’
13. Andrew’s parents live about an hour away so they came down to visit and we went out to dinner with them. We had pizza, breadsticks and salad! Brooke now eats her breadsticks like corn on the cob.
14. And then they came over to our house and we all hung out for a little bit!
15. February 1st is coming up so just in case you need this hahahaha:
Have any tips that help you with intervals? What is the best part of your Sunday going to be? Did you make goals for 2018? How are they going so far?