Running partners united! It’s been a few weeks since our last run together and it was good to be back. Josse has been dealing with some ankle problems lately so she took a bit of time off and is back in action. Six miles total and a great conversation the whole way.
Josse has a new puppy and he is quite a fan of my Pure Flows too. I hope Josse knows I will dogsit whenever she needs.
Rewind to the morning… lately I’ve been eating a bowl of cereal before my runs (don’t tell Brooke I was using her bowl;) and it has been working well. It’s amazing how my pre-run meals have changed over the years… at some points I can handle things and others I can’t. Cereal is in right now.
So are egg sandwiches for me and Brooke:)
Added some turkey sausage to mine and that was an excellent idea.
Knox just jamming out with his latest helmet on!
Later on in the afternoon we took the kids to Kangaroo Zoo. This place is the best to ensure kids have a fabulous night of sleep guaranteed after each visit.
The kids had quite the red cheeks after two hours of running around… I should have had them wear my Garmin to see how many miles they ran.
And Homeward Bound is continuing to be the featured film around this house.
My night ended with a fundraiser that we are doing with the youth in my area:) I haven’t had a Krispy Kreme in a long time and ending the activity with them was great!
And this popped into my email yesterday! My favorite marathon on the planet just opened up their registration….
This sweet interview with Jordan Hasay right after finishing 3rd at Boston made me cry. Jordan is incredible.
PS I know there have been a lot of accomplishments lately… if you want me to feature yours send it to [email protected] !!
I thought today I would share some of our favorite funny/awkward/strange stories together/things we’ve learned after knowing each other for a YEAR (well, in 6 days it will be exactly a year since our first date).
1. When one of our children gets hurt——> we have learned we react quite differently to these situations. I sprint at about Usain Bolt’s pace to the child (pretty much crying myself over what has just occurred) and Andrew calmly walks over to help the situation.
2. The month of December was a learning experience for sure. Andrew is just whatever about holidays and I’m all about celebrating every last ounce out of a holiday. In December I made a list of all of the traditions I wanted to do as a family (which was about 24 more than Andrew usually does) but he gladly went along with them and said he enjoyed them at least.
3. The time that my brother was in town (my brother has lost more than 50 lbs!!!!!) and he was talking to Andrew about weight lifting and how much it has done for him. So Andrew went to the gym the next day and went hardcore at the gym. NO JOKE… his arms were so sore for three days he could barely move them. We laughed about it pretty hard but I did end up tying his shoes and helping him pour his cereal for a few days;)
4. How Andrew made me think he just occasionally liked to watch a baseball game or two last baseball season when we were dating but turns out this season it is a bit of a different story;) Fever Pitch… I kid, kind of;) I may have accidentally seemed like I enjoyed watching Lost more during our dating time than I do now (LOST is a one and done type of show in my opinion). So we are even.
5. Once upon a time Andrew’s family had a group message going on. Andrew and I had just gotten married ( so I did not feel super comfortable yet with my in-laws) and I went to text my sister something (something I was just meaning to tell my sister;) and the group text message was just below my sister’s name on my text messages. Yep, you guessed it. The thing I meant to text my sister went to his whole family. ENTIRE FAMILY:) They all laughed but I think my face was bright red for the rest of the day.
6. I guess this isn’t funny and not necessarily a story but I’m a worrier (as I’ve told you before… my brain just loves to worry about things). There have been a few times when my worrying was REAL and Andrew faked that everything was okay. Like when we went sailing in Mexico (just the two of us) and I was freaking out because we were way out there and Andrew played it off like the chances of anything happening was slim to none…. when just moments before he saw WHITE WATER (maybe from a shark?!?!) right by us. Probably not going out on a little catamaran any time soon.
7. One time I faked Andrew out into thinking I was asleep (I wasn’t). It was about midnight at this time and he went out to go get a drink of water like he always does so I snuck to the other side of the hall and into a dark room. When he came back towards our room I jumped out of the dark room and scared him more than he has ever been scared in his life.
8. One time my mom and I were sitting sandwiched between my dad and Andrew on the couch. Andrew had his arm around me and my dad has his arm around my mom. Andrew thought he was scratching my neck/arm/I’m not sure but after a few minutes he realized it was my dad’s hand… hahaha he was so embarrassed. My dad said he just thought Andrew was trying to be nice.
9. One time Andrew told me (jokingly) a few months ago that he has morning sickness… I’m ready to go a million miles per hour in the mornings and mornings make him sick;)
10. Just a month or two into marriage I woke up one night at about 2 a.m. to Andrew eating graham crackers in bed. The strange part was that he had no memory of this event. He SLEPT WALKED to get the graham crackers and ate them. He was probably having a dream about them.
Ever sent out the wrong text to the wrong person/people?
Krispy Kreme donuts—> yay or nay?
Do you go all out for holidays or keep it low key?
I want to hear a funny story from you today PLEASE!!!