1. Day #1 (of 2) was a success at my coaching training! My brain is fried from absorbing so much in the 9 hour session we had yesterday but it really was a runner’s paradise… learning and talking running all day long. I’ve been running for more than half my life and it’s amazing how much I am learning and still have to learn! If you have been wanting to do this certification, I highly recommend it so far (I’m going through RRCA). I just can’t wait to practice what I learn… It reminded me of when I was going to college to learn how to be a teacher and I just couldn’t wait to do my student teaching and get out there and practice everything I was learning.
2. The day started off at the hotel gym at 6:15 to get in a nice 5 mile run. The hotel gym had the heater on but I’m sure that helped me to acclimate to the summer running up ahead:)
3. Brooke is so amused by hotels. She explores the room as much as possible and was very excited about finding her twin;)
4. Class started at 8 (and because I am obsessed with being early to this kind of thing, we left in plenty of time) and these two dropped me off.
5. Rather than give you a review of everything I learned (it would take me approximately 50 pages…), I’ll share it over the months in different posts. I have a strong feeling this book will be my go-to daily for years and years. So much information.
6. The course went from 8-5 with a lunch break and a few five minute breaks throughout the day. Next a few fun pictures of what Andrew and Brooke were up to.
7. It was raining in Boise for most of the day so they went to the Discovery Center. Brooke really loved it!
8. They also made it to chick-fil-a and all of the bike shops:)
9. Before we knew it, it was 5 o’clock so they picked me up to go eat!
10. When we go somewhere new, we take our food choices very seriously. Very seriously. A few people recommended Bittercreek so we went there. Andrew and I split the sausage pizza and cobb salad (minus the egg because Andrew can’t stand hard-boiled eggs).
11. Brooke was amazed by the kid’s box of activities that they brought to the table. Such a good idea.
12. We take our food recommendations seriously but our dessert recommendations are even MORE serious. A few of you told me to go to Cinnaholics. I would really like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for that recommendation.
13. Brooke and I split this cinnamon roll that had streusel, cookie dough and strawberries. So different than anything I have tried before and SO so so good!
14. We walked around The Village for a bit (I wish I had more time to explore Boise!!!)…
15. And then while we were outside it started hailing like crazy so we sprinted to the car. It came out of nowhere!!!
We got back to the hotel and hung out for a bit and then I got to work on my homework. I wrote my first 12 week marathon training plan (a very rough draft) for a case study to bring to class! It was seriously so much fun. Gotta love when you find the stuff you really love doing!
Last ‘new to you’ place that you visited?
Would you rather have a cinnamon roll or a donut or a fresh baked cookie or a brownie (with or without nuts)?
Tell me about your weekend running! Who is in taper mode right now?