1. Another Sunday in the books!
2. The day started off like normal with our waffle tradition. We all know it is rough opening our eyes in the morning even if we have a waffle in front of us.
3. I will never dare ask who Brooke’s favorite family member because I think I already know the answer:
4. We had church and I stayed after for awhile working with the youth! Andrew sent me this picture of Brooke—> Eye on the prize.
5. Sunday nap and Beretta makes sure that she is included.
6. For dinner my sister invited us over for a bday dinner!! One of her little ones turned 2 this last Monday so we went over to celebrate.
7. Homemade pizza was on the menu! So my brother-in-law’s brother (below) buys his pizza dough from Sam’s Club (at the front part where you buy the hot dogs etc). You can buy 24 balls of pizza dough for like $18 and it was such good dough. We are going to be making room in our freezer for this dough so that we can make pizza at home once a week.
8. I think we can all agree on this important statement… bbq chicken pizza is the best type of pizza.
9. After dinner we played air hockey for a bit and my niece is showing off her tough look.
10. And then it was upstairs for presents and talking. My mom and dad came to the party… my dad’s first outing in over three weeks and he did really well.
11. The birthday boy sure knew whose party it was.
12. My sister also got her gift from my mom… she bought her some of these gift cards for sling so that my sister can watch HGTV as much as she wants. My sister is SO good at decorating/renovations etc and HGTV is her thing. Anyone else use sling? Seems pretty cool.
13. We got him a little cell phone and I think he liked it (until the basketball hoop came out at least haha).
14. Brownies for dessert (thanks mom for barely cooking them, they were delicious).
15. And I am wondering if our kids will ever readjust to Utah time again because bedtime has turned into quite the ordeal ever since we got home from our trip.
Training last week for my next half marathon!
First two runs in Hawaii and last four runs in Utah!
Gotta love the random rain storms there throughout each run… also, not sure where that hair is coming from on my nose.
Monday: 8 miles @ 8:42 average pace
Tuesday: 6.2 miles @ 8:15 pace (which felt like speed work due to the fact I was running in 400% humidity.. I never exaggerate;)
Wednesday: 9 miles of running on snow @ 8:12 average pace.
Thursday: 10 miles total. 1 mile w/u, 8 miles progression (starting at marathon pace and bumping down 10 seconds each mile… I started with a 7:30 mile and ended with a 6:20 mile and I did take one 45 second break towards the end) and 1 mile cool-down.
Friday: 5 miles @ 8:28 average pace (and I think it turned me into a popsicle)
Saturday: 12 miles @ 7:45 average pace. For the last few miles I included 100 seconds at 5k pace (6:15) followed by 4 minute at my normal pace and repeated that 5 times.
50.2 miles for the week! Fun to bump back my mileage to my happy place again!
As I was looking over my workouts for next week… this one is going to hurt just a little bit. Anyone want to come join me? Please.
Beyond fun fact for us—> Andrew and I are super excited to partner with Sleep Number to get a new mattress! I mentioned to you a few months ago about how bad my mattress has affected Andrew’s back… some nights I wake up to find him sleeping on the ground because his back hurts so bad. We cannot wait to have a mattress that helps us to both get a good night sleep each night (and for zero back problems)!
What was the highlight of your weekend?
Anyone else agree that bbq chicken is the best type of pizza (pineapple and pepperoni come in a close second for us)?!
Parents reading: What time do you put your kids to bed and how long does the whole bedtime process take?
-We aim for 8 pm but this last week it has felt like the bedtime routine and them actually getting to sleep takes about 90 minutes.
For speed work… what do you do for your recovery portions? Walk… jog… stop? Do any speed work last week?