We woke up in St. George and the first thing Brooke did was head straight out to Andrew’s brother’s jungle gym. I think she played on that thing 10.5 out of 24 hours yesterday.
She found the chickens too. I am pretty sure she wants to move in.
I got in some quality snuggle time with my new nephew (between Andrew and I now we have 43 nieces and nephews)! This little man made me kind of baby hungry.
I think Andrew took a little nap with him.
The reason we came down to St. George was for a baby blessing at church and Andrew’s fam was there for it.
Brooke was happy to head back to the cousin’s house for lunch afterwards.
One of my favorite meals ever… spaghetti has my heart. It was a delicious dinner.
Breadsticks have Brooke’s heart.
The best decision when it comes to pie is always to choose both. Making decisions is never easy (unless chocolate cream or banana cream pies are involved).
We hung outside for a bit. Brooke wanted a foot selfie.
Then the kids had popsicles.
And we watched The Office with popcorn. I will never get sick of this show no matter how many times I watch it.
I hit 49 miles last week (back to my happy mileage again) with one speed workout (3 x 1 mile repeats 6:25 average). I can’t wait for my run around St. George today and then we will head back home today.
1. My sister sent me this important fitness tip that we should all strive for:
2. I forgot all about my love for Raisin Bran until the other day when Brooke requested it. I have a feeling this will be my nightly snack once we get home.
3. I’ve been using the same trail shoes for years now and I just got the Mazamas and cannot wait to become best friends with them. I’ll give you a full review. I’m just hoping the trails are snow free for a few more weeks:)
4. Always fun to be attacked by the kids after a run.
5. SO EXCITED for all of the NYC Marathon finishers and go Molly Huddle…. first American to make it to the podium of the NYC Marathon since 2010. She took third and finished in 2:28:13—> It was her FIRST marathon too. Amazing.
Mary Keitany took first (2:24:26) and Sally Kipyego took second (2:28:01). For the men—> Ghirmay Ghebreslassie (2:07:51) took first, Lucas Rotich (2:08:53) took second and Abdi Abdirahman (2:11:23) took third!
6. I thought this text from my mom was sweet:)
How many hours of sleep do you need each night to feel good?
A show that you never get sick of?
Trail runners—> What shoes do you use on the trails?
Random thought of the day… do you have your ears pierced? Do you wear earrings often?
-My mom let us get our ears pierced when we turned 12 if we wanted but I never wear earrings (I did on my wedding day for a few seconds).