I have ten very important things to discuss with you this afternoon.
1. The alarm clock went off early this morning to go run and I could not get out of bed for the life of me. My decision to not get up = I spent some time later on with the treadmill while Brooke played and watched a show.
All miles @ 7:30 besides the stride portion.
Include 12 strides lasting 45 seconds with each one building from a 7:00 to 5:30 pace, Recovery of 1 minute between each stride @ 8:00 pace.
8 miles total—> 7:20 average pace
These days I can handle up to about an hour on the treadmill as long as I have a workout with variety and some really good tunes to listen to.
2. I was driving around the other day and I spotted one of the HUNGRY shirts. Tedi was about to start her last long run before her FIRST marathon this weekend. She is going to rock it. She is pretty amazing.
3. If you remember my excitement about having a coke can with my name on it… then you can only imagine my excitement when a Cheerios box arrived with my name on it.
4. Brooke had quite the look of determination on her face as she was chasing the pup.
5. Lunch last week with Megan out on the curb. I’ll forgive her that she chooses to wear Nikes on her feet over Brooks.
6. She really is killing it with the facial expressions lately.
7. Brooke pretends she is a dog quite frequently. She also uses it to get out of things that she doesn’t want to do. i.e. ‘but momma, doggies don’t clean their room… doggies don’t eat carrots…. etc.’ Her latest thing is she doesn’t want to wear pants/shorts. So now I just google images of dogs doing these sorts of things and show it to her and then she will do it. It has worked every time so far.
8. Bagels and cream cheese. What dreams are made of.
9. My nephew was thrilled to run into me at the football game on Saturday when he was with all of his friends. Ecstatic.
10. Lindsey sent this to me yesterday and it made me happy for about an hour straight.
What are some of your Monday Matters?
What was your workout today?
What brand of running shoes are on your feet most often?