I get abnormally excited when a song talks about running (or has lyrics that I can apply to my running:). I wanted to share with you a bunch of songs that push me to keep going because of their lyrics!!
1. Florence + the Machine—> Dog Days Are Over. “So you better run. Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father. Run for your children, your sisters and brothers.”
2. OneRepublic—> Love Runs Out. “Oh, we all run for something. Run for God, for fate, for love, for hate, for gold, for rust, for diamonds, for dust.”
3. Cake—> The Distance. “He’s going the distance. He’s going for speed. She’s all alone. In her time of need. Because he’s racing and pacing and plotting the course. He’s fighting and biting and riding on his horse, He’s going the distance.”
4. Young the Giant—> My Body. “My Body tells me no, but I won’t quit (running:). Cause I want more, cause I want more… Oh, it’s my road, it’s my road, it’s my road.”
5. Eminem—> ’Till I Collapse. “Cause sometimes you just feel tired, feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up. But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength and just pull that ish;) out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse.”
6. Linkin’ Park—> Runaway (another one of my angry songs). “I wanna run away.”
7. Dixie Chicks—> Ready to Run. “This time I’m ready to run. Escape from the city and follow the sun. ‘Cause I wanna be yours, don’t you wanna be mine? I don’t wanna get lost in the dark of the night. This time I’m ready to run.”
8. The Fray—> Run For Your Life. “Run for your life, my love. Run and you don’t give up. It’s all that you are. All that you want. I will be close behind. Run for your life.”
9. Beyonce—> Run the World (Girls). “Who run the world? Girls. This goes out to all the women getting it in, You’re on the grind…. How we’re smart enough to make these millions. Strong enough to bear the children.”
10. Nelly—> Heart of a Champion. “Ain’t no way they can stop me now. Cause I’m on my way, I can feel my ring coming. It’s the blood of a champion, pumping. Deep inside my veins, too much pride to be running. I’ma get what I can and more, even if my blood, my sweat, and my tears don’t mean nothing. It’s the heart of a champion.”
11. Ludacris—> All I do is Win. “Cause I never been defeated and I WON’T stop now.”
And Uptown Funk doesn’t say a word about running but just picturing Bruno Mars makes me happy which then makes me run faster.
Brooke and I had an intense soccer game yesterday afternoon so I fueled up right before with the good stuff.
She is getting quite good.
After the game she insisted on wearing her Minnie Mouse shoes everywhere we went—> YOLO (I have promised you so many times that I would never use that word on my blog again and then there I go using it for the millionth time).
For dinner we had a very important Chili cook off to attend. I went for the method of trying two at a time.
Megan and I took second place overall and won a gift certificate for froyo—> quite fitting. We made her Chicken Cream Cheese Chili and it was a hit.
The bachelor finale stole a good chunk of our lives last night. Okay, we probably actually only watched 10% of it and talked and ate popcorn for the other 90%.
Megan brought THREE types of heavenly popcorn. We all could not stop eating this goodness:
Cake Batter Popcorn= Airpop 1/2 cup kernals, pour 1 lb of white chocolate over the top, stir until coated and then pour 1.5 cups dry funfetti cake mix on the top. Stir until coated and spread on a cookie sheet to harden. Easy Peasy.
Samoa Popcorn= Use THIS recipe for the caramel corn but before you pour the caramel on the popcorn, add a cup of toasted coconut. Then mix it with the caramel, spread it out on a cookie sheet and drizzle melted dark chocolate on the top. Let it harden before breaking it up.
Muddy Buddy Popcorn—> HERE!!!
Any songs that especially motivate you to run?!
What are you having (did you have) for breakfast this morning?
Sweet popcorn or salty/buttery popcorn—> what is your preference?
What sports did you play as a kid?