I have so many random things that I was thinking about during my run that I literally opened up my laptop the second I got home to write them down so I could remember to discuss them with you.
1. Wear sunscreen. I usually run before the sun is out but today I went later since my mom is here and I have totally gotten out of the habit of putting it on for my runs. Basically I am writing this down as a reminder for me and just in case you need a little reminder too. I use this kind normally not for any specific reason besides that it was free from my parent’s cabinet. I have heard that you should use a tablespoon on your face and two tablespoons on your body when you apply it!
2. MY NOSE ALWAYS RUNS when I run. Weird. I thought it just happened when it was cold but it happens still when it is warm. Does that happen to anyone else?
3. This shirt. I have searched for months for it because it is on my top 3 favorite running shirts list. I was getting the sheets out last night for my mom’s bed and it was folded up in one of the sheets. It felt like I had finally been reunited with an old friend again. Expect to see it often on the blog. I don’t know what I was looking at in the below picture.
4. I am waiting for my new pair of PureFlow 2s to come in the mail so until then I am using other shoes in my closet so today I used the Wave Riders. I used to always wear them and they are a great shoe but they felt 5928 times heavier than my beloved PureFlows…. maybe it was like a weight training session for my legs this morning by wearing these. I do have to admit that the color scheme is the cutest. They were extra cushiony too which felt good.
5. I feel like I repeat myself over and over again about the importance of easy running but I just can’t stop myself. I think that the majority of my overuse injuries weren’t because of high mileage but because I was doing all of my running fast and never taking easy days (along with struggling with the female athlete triad). I learned all of this the hard way and so I feel like if I don’t tell you about my experience over and over again then I am going to get sued if someone gets hurt from not including lots of easy running into their training.
6. The key to enforcing easy running is to listen to slow music on your easy runs. This is a win win for me because the run is easy and I get to listen to my secret favorite singers known as Celine Dion, the Dixie Chicks, Sarah Mclachlan and Jewel. I can blame my love for this type of music on my sister because she used to listen to it in high school and my life has revolved around trying to be just like her.
7. I don’t ever want my mom to leave:) I got home from my run and Brooke and my mom were sitting on the couch cuddling. I have mentioned this before but Brooke doesn’t cuddle. She cuddled my mom for at least a half an hour. More proof that my mom is the greatest.
8. Let’s be honest…most of my thoughts during my runs revolve around this little blue eyed girl.
9. Probably the most important thing I was thinking about (actually stressing about) is the fact that I only have until Friday to take my mom to the best restaurants in the area. That isn’t very many meals that I have to wine (okay, we don’t drink) and dine her to convince her to move here.
Tell me some of the thoughts you had during your last run?
Do you wear sunscreen when you run? A hat?
How many different brands/types of running shoes to you rotate through? What is YOUR shoe lately (the one that you can’t live without)?