Did you really think I wouldn’t make it up to yogurtland on my birthday…you know that was on my MUST DO list and if I didn’t do it then t refused to grow any older.
Todays trip to YL was EXTRA SPECIAL!!!!
Meet my new BFF, Lauren. Lauren and her husband are visiting from N. Carolina and they let me take up some of their vacation time by hanging out with me. Um, Lauren is incredible…she will be running Boston (BQed with her FIRST marathon) in April and trains HARD along with her full time job and a million other things that she does. She will even be doing a 28 miler training run as a long run before Boston! Pretty much, I want them to move here so we can run and eat together every day.
Cliff notes version of our run after Yogurtland:
1. We ran on a dark road for 3 miles= I was staring at the ground the whole time= tree branch right in the face which made me laugh really hard.
2. The stop lights knew it was my birthday and magically made it so that we only had to stop once.
3. I listened to the hip hop station on pandora= I felt super cool and fast.
4. Birthday runs are the best and I was even more optimistic than my normal self.
5. I totalled 15 miles yesterday which felt pretty good considering the fact that it was a work day….just what I wanted on my bday.
6. I love running with Billy because I want to copy him as we are in our matching running tights with his stride. It forces me to make smaller strides which makes my legs very happy.
6. It looked cold out but it felt absolutely perfect on my nose and cheeks.
We got ready in record timing after our run and headed on up to Goodwood for literally my FAVORITE salad in the world (okay, Billy says I say that about a lot of salads but I swear this is my favorite one…two words….fried chicken). Did you know that I have a special place in my heart reserved for battered and fried chicken?
The honey mustard is excellent and so are the grilled red peppers and homemade croutons, I was in heaven. See the cornbread in the back? FILLED with jalapeños:)
Second best part of Goodwood….free dessert and you get to CHOOSE what dessert you want. Just in case you lost track, yesterday I DID in fact eat ice cream 3 times and the one below rocked because of the hot brownie (no nuts…they do not belong in baked goods) on the bottom.
I don’t know if you can tell but Billy and I really like to talk to people. We became good friends with our server and he was wondering about the food pictures and I told him about this blog. He wanted to be featured, so….everyone, meet Tyler:) He was an awesome server and he better leave a comment if he is reading this. He even pulled up a chair and talked to us for a while!
The slip of paper is his name and signature:)
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE….my Valentines Day card to you will be up in just a few hours. Thanks for all the bday wishes and for being my friend…my mom and Billy must pay you a lot.
What are some notable things/lessons from your last run? Ever ran into a tree branch like me? Ever fallen while running at night?
Do you believe that nuts do or DO NOT belong in baked goods…cookies, brownies, bars etc?!?!
Favorite fried foods or do you not like fried foods?
Ever been a waiter or waitress? Did you like it?
-Yep, for about 5 years! I really did like it, it was tiring but fun.