I got the hair did:) I told her to do a melt (keep the top dark and have it get lighter towards the ends). Bonus of this hair coloring is that there is no upkeep…just let the roots grow and grow. It was my first time going to this hairdresser and she was the sweetest thing in the whole wide world and did exactly what I wanted.
Why I am including a picture of the back? I do not know…maybe it is to make you really jealous of the amazing interior design of my home and our beautiful tan (at one point they were white) drapes.
Eleven days into the month and I have only take advantage of the February $5 foot-long deal three times, this needs to change. Although, I was a little disappointed when they were cutting the bread and it looked more like a tortilla…I want my bread fluffy, I would go get a wrap if I wanted thin bread.
Just make it up to me next time okay Subway.
We went to my BIL’s a little while later and he was making a signature dish from Spain. He lived there for two years and was craving some raw fish marinated in lime.
It is called Ceviche.
Doing the long run with the sister this morning, running is ALWAYS more fun when you have someone right next to you that is suffering right there with you and wants to take a wrong turn and end up at Einsteins bagels;)
Sometimes I get nervous the night before a long run, I don’t know why after doing this every saturday for a few years but it just does. Even though I know it is all part of the mental battle of running, I still have to remind myself of some things that will really help me to get through it happy and perform my best. (Below tips from THIS article). Hopefully you get a chance to see these before you head out for your weekend long run or race.
1. Try Some Self-Talk: Make a little pep talk to yourself and remind yourself that you are mentally tired, not physically tired and so you know that you CAN push through it. Keep reminding yourself about that incredible feeling that you have had after previous long runs.
2. Break Up Your Run: Divide your run into smaller portions. Once I tried to divide a 20-miler up with .25 mile increments, don’t do that….it makes your brain hurt….believe me. Try thinking 4 5-mile runs.
3. Remember: It’s Not Always Easy: (This is my favorite one) This one helps me realize what a challenging thing I am doing and makes me feel like a bomb.com and that I want to prove to myself that I can do hard things.
4. Make Post-Run Plans: Sometimes this is all I think about for a few miles during a long run. Take today for example…we have grand plans today of Pizza Factory for lunch, a movie and Cheesecake Factory for dinner.
5. Play Counting Games: This is another one I always do! I count trees I pass or play ‘Where’s Waldo’ with different things like a certain type of car or other runners.
6. My own tip for the long run is to bring swedish fish or starbursts or skittles with you, these things make everything more exciting.
Are you getting your long run on this weekend? Any tips that you use for a successful long run?
Do you eat raw fish?
Have you taken advantage of the Subway deal this month?
What are your post-run plans today?!?!