Lessons learned from today: How to avoid nearly drowning while swimming.
1. Do not lift and do push-ups before your swim. Your arms will burn and want to stop, leaving you stranded and sinking to the bottom of the pool.
2. You are an animal when music is turned on. Your lungs cannot handle it when some techno song comes on your ipod (PS I AM COMPLETELY OBSESSED with my new underwater ipod gear) and you try to hit the beat and sprint for far too long. Maybe some Josh Groban is more accurate for my pace.
3. Just because Michael Phelps is on one side of you and a girl that was literally born with mermaid fins is on the other side, does not mean you have to keep up with them. You will probably pass out from overexertion and be found 2 hours later by the water aerobics ladies.
4. Stop trying to sing when Jay-Z comes on. Yes, you can belt your heart out and prove your amazing rapping skills when you are running but it doesn’t quite work the same when you are swimming and I probably swallowed 2 full gallons of water.
5. Do not start writing your blog post in your head as you are swimming because you will run into the wall and this may result in a fractured skull.
Overall, I had an AWESOME swim and I realized how much music motivates me. It was a killer workout and I LOVED every second. As I am typing this I feel like I am floating out of my desk chair because I am so high on endorphins (how I have missed thee). Best part about swimming: My femurs don’t feel a thing:) Maybe there will be a half-iron man in my future!?!
And just to make you feel better: If you thought you were having a bad hair day today………
Swimming an extra 10 minutes is more important to me than straightening/brushing my hair and trying to look somewhat presentable.
Time for some more amazing race photos!!!!!
The AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL KARI @ RunningRicing sent in a picture of her first race from this year. LOVE her headband and she literally has the cutest dog in the world. Although, he does not like it when I do vlogs and barks because my voice is so annoying.
The BEAUTIFUL LETICIA sent in a picture of her FIRST 1/2 MARATHON…….I love it when people get hooked on races:)
The AWESOMESTNELLY @ NellyOnTheRun sent in a picture of him crossing the finish line of his first marathon at the SF marathon July 2010!!!!
The STUNNING ANDREA @ CaliSurferGirlsent in her picture from a St. Patty’s Day race that she did with her boyfriend this year in San Diego!!!!!
What is the PERFECT temperature for you when you run?
-50 degrees is the bomb.com.
When do you sing out loud? Driving, running, the shower….fill me in!
-I always sing when I am driving and running. I also love to make up songs and sing them to BIlly rather than just telling him non-singing.
If you are a blogger, do you think about what you are going to blog about 90% of the day like me?
-I am always brainstorming or something random will happen and my first thought is that I need to blog about it.
Have you ever had cous cous?
-I tried it for the first time ever in the school cafeteria. Um, heavenly. It had blueberries and walnuts in it which sounds weird but was actually amazing!