1. Andrew and Brooke came out to find me while I was out for my run and took the picture below.
Yesterday was one of those lucky runs where you have an annoying headwind on the way out and then when you turn around you feel like you fly all of the way home because of the tailwind. I am pretty sure I had a negative split of about 5 minutes because of the wind. On runs like this one you thank your lucky stars on the second half that you got the windy part over with so you can just cruise home. You feel pretty cool about yourself when you see your pace change drastically too:)
PS don’t mind my mismatched socks. It happens. Also, people have asked me how my ankles don’t freeze but I honestly don’t even notice them being cold during a run unless the temperatures are in the teens and then I put on long socks. A lot of running tights hit me above the ankles because I’m kind of tall.
PPS I listened to Spotify Radio (“Your Daily Mix”) and LOVED IT. I’ve been so sick of my music playlists so it was fun to have Spotify choose what I was going to listen to and somehow they knew exactly what I wanted to hear.
2. Nine miles total for the morning @ 7:40 average with Beretta playing fetch in the background.
3. I sat on the sidewalk and attempted to stretch for a minute but then snuggling with Brooke was a much better idea.
4. A trip to Petco for some things for Beretta was on the agenda.
5. And then for lunch we picked up my mom to take out. My dad was gone so it was just the four of us. This picture reminded me that Brooke is GETTING TALL FAST. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!?!?!
6. She is a little too cool in Andrew’s sunglasses.
7. And the other side of the table.
8. We went to Malawis and it was amazing. I had the steak balsamic salad with some of Andrew’s pizza and a bread twist. I’ll be back for this salad soon. Something awesome about this restaurant—> for every meal bought, they donate a nutritious meal to a child in Malawi, Africa.
9. We walked around a bit to see the Christmas decorations and Brooke’s life was made when someone gave her a candy cane.
10. My life was made when my mom and I split this adorable snowman caramel apple.
11. By that time it was time to go cheer on my nephew at his basketball game. I don’t really get into sports very often but I had to use a lot of self control to keep my mouth closed during that game ha… I felt so stressed out the whole time.
12. Little man didn’t have a care in the world. I really have never seen a child smile as much (or as big) as this boy. It is contagious and he gets strangers smiling all of the time when they see him.
13. After the game we stopped by one more Christmas outdoor celebration for a few minutes (I couldn’t handle the cold for that much longer so we didn’t stay long).
14. Of course these two found a new friend there.
15. We came home, made dinner and I will never ever get sick of this part of the day.
What have your weekend runs looked like?
Anyone else have a windy run?
Did you sleep in today or get up early?
Any good treats this weekend?
-That caramel apple had a marshmallow sauce and coconut on it and it was fabulous.