I was questioning why in the world I chose to teach a 6 a.m. class as I drove across the street to BYU (literally across the street but remember it was 9 degrees) this morning. As soon as we got moving and we were all sweating and yelling I was so thankful for this new job of mine. I really do love it.
I even snuck in some weights in their weight room after class and took a shower and got ready in their locker room…..all before school, that is more productive than I am all day on Saturdays.
I know you have missed my spin playlists;) get excited because they are back! Thanks for all of the song recommendations from a few days ago, I am loving them!
1. Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO……warm-up! Get the blood flowing, heart rate up and stretch upper body.
2. Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5…….Run, out of the saddle with some dancing moves. 7 out of 10 on the tension.
3. Good Feeling by Flo Rida………..JUMPS! Increase tension every 30 seconds. At chorus do isolations (from the hips up your body is still, your legs are doing all of the work, you are out of the saddle).
4. What doesn’t Kill You by Kelly Clarkson…….HILL CLIMB in the saddle with 20 second attacks (go a lot faster) out of the saddle every minute.
5. Not Over You by Gavin Degraw……….Hill Climb out of the saddle. Reach maximum tension.
6. I Like It by Enrique Iglesias……….SPRINTS. Tension feels like a flat road. 15 second sprint, break, 30 second sprint, break, 45 second sprint, break, 1 minute sprint. All in the saddle.
7. Born This Way by Lady Gaga………..Recovery song. Easy running with a few isolations and double times.
8. We Found Love by Rhiana………Seated 15 seconds, run 15 seconds, arrow (out of saddle, flat back, close and parallel to the bike) 15 seconds. Repeat and add tension after each set.
9. Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy……….Isolations that copy song number 6 in times.
10. Day N’ Nite by Kid Cudi………..FAST jumps, low tension….makes your legs burn. Double times in the saddle, add tension every minute.
11. My one and only techno song that I got from another teacher and I am working on figuring out the name, sorry. Switch moves every 15 seconds, flat road tension, feet have to keep up with fast beat. Sweat in the eyeballs.
12. Club Can’t Handle Me by Flo Rida……..Work one leg at a time, increase tension…work each leg until fatigue.
13. Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammar……….Hill climb with attacks (turn up tension and come out of the saddle and go FAST) during the chorus of the song.
14. Rolling in the Deep by Adelle……..Cool-down
This is turning into a problem. My mom brought over a huge bag of clementines from Costco the other day and they are almost all gone (Billy doesn’t even know we have them so he didn’t help me consume them). If I do my math right, that equals 7 clementines a day.
3 down, 4 to go.
At least it is saving me money on fake tanner because it is turning my skin orange naturally. Maybe it is just vegetables that do that.
I do know that for one little clementine you get 1% of your daily requirements for iron, 2 grams of fiber (8% of your daily requirement), 400 grams of potassium (11% of your daily requirement) and 145% of the Vitamin C you need each day. Added bonus is that they taste like candy.
If you times those numbers by my daily 7 clementines = overdose on Vitamin C
And just for fun…..
My sis texted me this picture yesterday of my niece kissing a picture of Billy and I. I guess she misses us, we haven’t seen her since Sunday. She calls us Nae and Bouily (I have no idea how to spell the way she says Billy, but it is adorable).
Last chance to enter the NIKE SUNGLASSES GIVEAWAY!
What nutrient, vitamin or mineral do you have a hard time getting in? Do you take supplements to help get your essential nutrients in?
-Iron….just 100 clementines a day and I will be set! I take a multi-vitamin, calcium and glucosamine every day!
What is something you are thankful for today?
-My new spin job.