1. I took it to the roads for my walk yesterday. Being outside made me even more excited for running next week (will somebody remind me to bring a bobby pin?). It was GORGEOUS outside. The fresh air, the mountains, the feeling of moving… it was a good morning!
2. I wore my new walking/bootcamp shoes (I like to keep my running shoes separate from my cross-training shoes) and these Air Zoom Pegasus 34s (Sponsored by Nike) are amazing (plus, they might be some of the cutest shoes ever).
3. I got my podcast game on during my walk! I started off with this podcast below. I loved everything they shared and then I started on Lindsey Hein’s latest podcast with Katharine Switzer (I can’t wait to finish this on my Monday walk)!
4. I got home and had the strongest desire to clean the whole house. Does that ever happen to you? I just had a sudden burst of energy and wanted to clean everything so I strapped Skye to me and we all got to work (no one else was very excited about my desire for us to all clean).
5. Andrew even got behind the dryer and gathered the 2,000 socks that I have lost back there. Maybe I will wear matching socks again… probably not.
6. After we finished cleaning we refueled with some chocolate milk.
7. Followed by lunch. I am really on an egg/veggies/cheese/bacon/toast kick right about now. I do miss my 3 lb pancakes that I used to eat daily while pregnant, maybe I need to pick back up with those. We went through an absurd amount of boxes of Bisquick for a few months there.
8. Post-lunch snuggles because why would I let her take a nap by herself when I make a very good bed for her.
9. This has happened to me way too many times since I have had Skye (Friends will forever be in my top three favorite shows). Thanks Megan D for sending this to me.
10. And then I went to my desk to attempt to get a few emails written. Skye hung onto the strings of my hoodie to make sure that I wasn’t going to put her down to nap so she could stay cuddled up.
11. Once Skye woke up we played, she ate and then she wanted a group picture with her older siblings!
12. And then we finally left the house at around 4:30 pm. It takes us a very long time to get out of the house now… Knox wanted to pretend he was asleep for the picture. PS Andrew hit the 80km goal! This was the furthest he has ever gone in two weeks time (he’s the person that can run a marathon after doing 10 miles as his longest run of his training cycle). I’m really proud of him and I think he is loving running more and more.
13. My mom has an awful cold and my grandma has to stick to soft foods after her dentist appointment so we picked up a bunch of soup to drop off to both of them. While we were at Kneader’s getting soup we couldn’t resist getting dinner for ourselves too. Salads and a sandwich to share with the water bottle that Andrew hates since I spill it so often. We eat a lot of meals in our cars these days and drive-thrus are heaven for us.
14. Brooke and I ran in to Target to grab something we forgot for our dinner tonight and the stuff we needed to make superman muffins (from the Run Fast. Eat Slow cookbook).
15. And then to end the night off perfectly we stopped at Coldstone! A friend gave us some Coldstone gift cards and we have greatly loved our stops there in the past few weeks.
If you could change one thing about your house/apartment/living space… what would it be?
-A big one that I wanted yesterday—> MORE STORAGE SPACE!!
Have you been sick at all lately? A cold? Flue? Something else? Ever go to Coldstone? What do you order there? What is the best part of your Sunday going to be?