Gonna go through the highlights from the day in 16 pictures:
1. I started off Saturday morning by driving over to one of my favorite trails. I wanted to get in 10 miles for the morning but when I hit about 2.5 miles my sister called and told me about my niece’s basketball game that was soon… change of plans. I turned around to finish with 5 miles for the day. 46.5 miles for the week and I’ll just call my Friday run of this week (9 miles) my long run for the week. I wore shorts and was a little hot in my long sleeved top, a very good feeling. Long, medium or short run… I always come home feeling better and more optimistic—> It’s just the hidden secret that runners all know but can’t explain why it happens.
Oh, also while I was out running yesterday a dog started chasing me and running under my feet etc. I feel like this has been happening a lot lately… does this ever happen to you while you are out running? This one was a small/medium dog but two weeks ago I had one that was bigger than Beretta jumping up on me while I was running.
2. Straight from the run to the basketball game.
3. Knox felt pretty cool that he stole the ball from my oldest nephew.
4. Brooke told me that she is going to play basketball just like my niece when she grows up. She definitely has the height advantage going on at this point in her life, let’s see if it helps her with basketball later on in life. In just a few weeks we will all be at Brooke and Knox’s soccer games cheering them on… they are on the same team so that will be fun.
5. She won her game. It was the last game of the season. She wore a pair of Brooks PureFlows for the game… I swear those are lucky shoes:)
6. The kids were inspired to be extra hyper and run everywhere they went after the game.
7. From there we went straight to Costco. It is Andrew’s bday in 9 days (PI DAY… 3/14) and since we will be gone the next few weekends, we are going to celebrate his bday and my mom’s bday today with a dinner. On the menu—> Ritz chicken, salad, mashed potatoes and a fruit salad. PS Costco had sweet potatoes again so just go ahead and forget about the huge deal I made over the lack of sweet potatoes not that long ago.
8. Andrew requested Costco cheesecake for his birthday. Not quite the birthday cake that he made for me but he loves it so we will top it with some strawberries and 29 candles. We are doing a carrot cake for my mom’s birthday cake too (carrot cake and lemon cake are her favorites).
9. Direct quote from Andrew: “I will only eat grapes that are frozen for the rest of my life.” If you haven’t tried frozen grapes, that is your homework assignment this week and let me know how it goes.
10. We had a babysitter for a few hours so we got together with the family while my brother from Kentucky is in town.
11. It was a cereal for lunch kind of day so by the time it was dinner time, I was starving. We went to the Cannon Center at BYU which is actually the cafeteria that I ate at when I was a freshman in college. The thing is that the whole place has been remodeled since I was there and the food is so much better now… the best salad bar and dessert bar. My mom and I both started off with some coconut pie first. Dessert first should be a thing.
12. We also all shared this 5 inch tall rice krispie treat.
13. Little dude just smelling his waffle out before going for it.
14. We got back home and the kids didn’t want the babysitter to leave:) I’ll take that as a great sign. Once she did we jumped on the tramp for a bit (my quads are sore from that… good thing it is a rest day today). Brooke was doing all sorts of tricks.
15. One of my favorite things to do lately has been to go on a drive down to the lake to watch the sunset.
16. Seeing this is a great way to end the day.
I hope your Sunday is a beautiful one! Would love to hear what you are up to today!