Today’s tempo run was a hot one. I was more than ready to kick off my shoes and put my face close to the fan as soon as I was all done.
? cred: Brooke
It has been a few weeks since my last tempo run so I decided to make Monday my tempo day this week. I usually don’t do a hard workout on Mondays but lately it has felt really good to get in some speed after a rest day (Sunday’s are always my rest day and they include lots of sleep and carb loading:)
1.7 mile warm-up, 7 miles @ tempo (with one stop for about 20 seconds because I accidentally hit the emergency stop button) and 1.3 mile cool-down! When I do my speed work on a treadmill I just use an online pace calculator like this one to figure out my average pace:)
Those first 4.8ish miles of the tempo were rough but then all of the sudden the pace/my stride/my body/everything just clicked and my run felt smooth, relaxed and doable. I LOVE it when that happens… usually I start the tempo out feeling fresh (after the warm-up) and then over the miles of the workout it gets harder and harder. I love how today it started out hard but I finished a little bit faster than I started and the end felt wayyyyyyy better than the beginning.
A rare moment in running that my mind and body loves.
We then did some stretching (while Brooke was on my back) and my plank workout right now (sharing tomorrow morning)!!
And then we were off to the park. Brooke feels pretty accomplished because she now eats her string cheese the proper way after 3.6 years of just biting into it:)
My favorite way to spend a mid-morning Monday.
I’ve got a few matters to discuss with you today:
1. These. A lot of the new Oreo flavors stress me out (ummm root beer float, watermelon, cotton candy, limemade—> I’m looking at you). But these. These are everything I want in a cookie.
Speaking of stress…. does this picture stress you out majorly too?!?!
2. Lunch in a bowl (shredded bbq chicken, brown rice, steamed broccoli and avocado). This will be lunch tomorrow too.
3. Running facts are my favorite. Thanks Brooks!
4. Wow. Just wow. I do not think I could have finished:
5. I just came across this picture of me and my cousin (I don’t think I have posted it yet but who knows….) and it made me happy.
6. PS Josse rocked her 1/2 Ironman and she will be writing a race recap that will go up this week!
What do you think about the most while running?
Out of all of the random Oreo flavors… which ones are your favorite or do you stick to the classics?
What do you usually crave right after a run—> something protein rich, carbs, sweets or greasy?
Ever get injured DURING a race?