Killing it with two of my favorites on the stairclimber this morning. I did the same workout that I posted this morning but varied the levels from 7-16 instead of 8-15. My heart rate was at 171 on level 16… my brain and body needed a good sweatfest. Also, I have no idea what is going on with my ponytail.
Here is the thing about running for a good amount of us I think… We want to do the work. We want to push it, progress and train hard. The HARD part of it all is making sure that we do the hard workouts/running/training at the right time though. Making sure that you let your body recovers after a hard workout before you push it again takes some self-control sometimes. Waiting to start running again when coming back from an injury until everything is healed up nicely requires all sorts of patience. It takes some major restraint to not bolt out at the start of a race and to wait to push it until later on. Sometimes the holding back part of running is the hardest part:)
I really had a craving to run this morning but I refrained because I know my foot isn’t ready for it quite yet and instead I just said hello real quick to my favorite treadmill and told him I’d be back to hang out soon.
And a few things we saw today!
1. A friend sent over this awesome graphic of how to tie running shoes to help with different feet problems!
2. Brooke hanging out with her posse.
3. This quote on my friend’s phone… so true.
4. Some fancy Valentine’s Day socks from Stance:)
5. Brooke kept handing me hugs as we were signing our lease for our new place. The move in date was pushed back a tiny bit but that just builds up the excitement even more right? Hugs > plain Hershey Kisses.
6. Another Costco staple for me. I love beef jerky and this stuff is even better.
7. Brooke is really preparing herself for our newest member of our family (we will be getting a dog in a few months) by putting bows in her little dog’s hair and taking her everywhere we go on a leash.
8. Don’t we all want to take a book and our toothbrush with us whenever we leave the house?
9. Brittany rocking her DONUT shirt:)
What is the hardest part about running for you lately? Is it hard for you to hold back sometimes?
Wanna share a quote that you’ve been loving?
Hershey’s kisses or hugs or neither?
Favorite Valentine’s Day treat?