Tis’ the season for things to start getting crazy busy and for me personally… it is the season to take some time off from running. While I love training for marathons, I also love so many different types of workouts. As long as I can get in a good sweat, feel my heart pumping and burn those muscles out—> I am a happy camper.
As a single mom (but I think this is amazing for ALL moms) I am absolutely loving using Grokker because it allows me to workout more at home and have a HUGE library of videos to choose from. I can wake up early and do a workout before she wakes up or she can join in with me. Grokker allows me to avoid having to find a babysitter so that I can get a workout in and having my favorite sidekick with me while I sweat is always a good time.
I’m also super stoked to have Grokker with me (you can use it at any time on ANY device) this Christmas break too. Brooke will be with her dad in California and I will be taking her there and then spending more than a week there before bringing her home. With this awesome service I will be able to do my workouts anywhere (without having to pay to go to some random gym there)! I have over 1500 HD Premium videos to choose from (hand-picked by their expert instructors to make sure you get the best experience possible) and they add new videos weekly!
I just love the fact that I can choose the length (they have everything from awesome 10 minute workouts to 1+ hour workouts), intensity, and what type of workout I want to get in.
SO many awesome choices:
Now that I have this it will be a lot easier for me to keep up with yoga and strength training during marathon training season again too. I tend to stop doing those very important workouts when I am running a lot because I don’t want to be away from Brooke so much but now I can just get up early and do it at home! I have a feeling that a stronger core, legs and upper body are going to help me get closer and closer to my goals.
Grokker brings me all sorts of yoga, fitness and meditation options but something else that I am beyond excited about is that they have the coolest healthy cooking videos too. Now that it is winter, I want to stay home a lot more and eat at home. They offer cooking videos on so many different topics like Vegan & Raw Food, Japanese, Thai, BBQ, Deserts, Healthy Eating and so much more.
They make it super easy for you to schedule all of your workouts, keep track of your activities, the recipes you have made and a whole community of expert instructors to answer your questions and to help motivate you!!!
Here is an awesome core workout I tried yesterday from Grokker! It burned oh so good:
I have been marathon training pretty much all of 2015 and I am loving trying new workouts and I’m excited to build up as much strength as possible to help propel me into my next training cycle!
I also wanted to talk about keeping up with exercise over the holidays! Things get busy and if your body is needing a break from exercise for a bit then go for it but if you are looking for some tips on how to keep up with your running/workouts over the holidays… here are mine!
1. Get the whole family involved. My sister is the best at instigating family walks and getting us out and moving together. Family/friends + exercise = a pretty great combination if you ask me!
2. Make it convenient. One of the many reasons that I love running is because it is so convenient. You can do it pretty much anywhere at anytime. Try out Grokker over the holidays to help you get in an awesome workout before the rest of your busy day starts! Nothing like doing some pilates next to your Christmas tree and never even having to go out into the cold.
3. Let go of the all or nothing mentality! This is usually my problem… I think if I can’t fit in my normal workouts I might as well not even do one. DO WHAT YOU CAN! If that means 10 minutes—> great. If that means some days you can do more than others—> great. Do what you can and be your own biggest cheerleader!
4. SCHEDULE it in. Make time for it. Maybe that means one less batch of cookies that are made or maybe one less Christmas movie (or you could watch the movie while you workout)… if it is important to you right now then make time for it. It will help you with stress levels, your sleeping, your eating and endorphins= happiness:)
5. Find stuff that you love. Exercise should be at least kind of fun… so branch out and try new things and do the things that make you feel good! You will be much more likely to stick with something that you enjoy vs. doing what everyone else is doing if it feels like torture.
******The first 100 readers get to try out Grokker for FREE for 14 days! Just use the promo code 30DAYS at registration. GO HERE to get started!
This post is sponsored my Grokker! Thank you so very much for supporting me, the Brookers and our incredible sponsors!!!
What are your favorite non-running workouts? What kind of workouts do you do at home?
What are your tips for keeping up with your running/workouts over the holidays? Or do you take time off?
What are your holiday plans? Staying at home, going anywhere, family coming to you?