Some things have been happening over here since we last talked and I thought I would fill you in on our wild and crazy Utah adventures.
1. Brooke wanted to go up to the mountains to find animals. We found a river instead and tossed in every rock within a 1 mile radius into the river.
Please note her adorable dimples on her hand… I die.
2. 5 miles on the treadmill at an 8:20 pace with Ms. Brooke being my running photographer.
3. While I ran she snacked on pretzels and string cheese—> aka the snack I ate daily when I was pregnant with her. Make sure to get part pretzel and part cheese into each bite and you will be happy.
4. Saw Dr. Bennett (you can find all the info about him HERE). My left foot and calves were needing some help. He did his magic and I’m all set to go again. I don’t know how I ever ran injury-free without him… oh wait, I didn’t.
Crazy how a spray tan made one leg 4 shades darker than the other.
6. Eye of the tiger.
7. After gymnastics they brought out a wide variety of candy for the kids to choose from. Brooke chose out Swedish Fish for her treat. Maybe I am doing this parenting thing right.
8. Brooke and I made TJ’s pumpkin bars (it comes with chocolate chips but I added a lot more because a dessert isn’t a dessert unless there is a good amount of chocolate) for Megan’s bday party.
9. We had the whole park to ourselves… we weren’t mad about it.
10. La Jolla Groves for Megan’s bday dinner and I had their killer salmon salad.
11. Did you know I have known her since I was 10 YEARS OLD… that is a long time to be friends with another human being.
12. After dinner we went back to her house for some more celebrating.
13. I posted my Thank You Running moment over on the Brooks Blog!
400 meter repeats on the schedule today. Cross your fingers that I survive.
When was your last run on the treadmill? What do you do on their to entertain yourself while you run?
How long have you known your best friend(s)??
A food combination that you are loving lately?
-I am really hoping that someone says cottage cheese and grapes.
What’s on your schedule today… hard run, easy run, somewhere in between?