I’ll have my race recap up tomorrow morning! It was a beautiful course and I definitely want to run the Ogden 1/2 Marathon again.
It ended up raining pretty hard from start to finish so…
As I was running along the course I decided to come up with ten great things about running in the rain because it seems as though the rain is following me around from race to race. Here are some really great things about running in pouring rain:
1. It allows you to realize that NOTHING IN THE WORLD feels better than a hot shower and dry clothing after running for awhile in cold temperatures and rain.
2. They will give you one of these nifty solar blankets after the race and it will save your life. It is like being wrapped up in gold.
3. Your mom sends you really cool texts like this one after you finish to make you feel hardcore (she sent this one after I ran Boston last month in the rain and wind).
4. Your shirt doesn’t ride up (some of my tanks like to travel up as I am running). Your clothes stay in place because they are soaking wet and plastered to you.
5. You hopefully get to see a rainbow before, during or after your run.
6. My lips don’t get chapped the entire time. With all of the moisture from the rain I don’t have to dig into my spibelt while I am running to reapply my chapstick.
7. You get to rehydrate for the remainder of the day with hot chocolate and marshmallows. Extra marshmallows because you are hardcore for running in the rain.
8. You get to run off of feel instead of checking your garmin 20 times a mile because either your garmin is busted because of all of the water or you can’t read the numbers because of all of the droplets that stick to the screen.
9. You realize EVEN MORE how amazing all of the race volunteers and spectators are—> Standing out in the freezing cold and rain for hours helping all of the runners out = they deserve awards.
10. It does REALLY cool things to your hair like this lovely style below… all for free!! What a deal:)
A few more things from yesterday:
My bff Jess had a wedding reception yesterday. She got married in Cali in March but had a reception in Utah too for all of her Utah peeps:)
The food was ridiculously good.
And so were the desserts.
Earlier in the day I had some grilled pineapple, mango cod and the best garlic sirloin. Yesterday’s eats were delicious.
Enjoy your Sunday! Hopefully you slept in a bit, made a really good breakfast and that now you are off to do some of your favorite things!!