1. Laura sent over an updated version of my family portrait and it made my day/week/month/year. This will be going up in my new apartment.
2. Adding the hose and water to the tramp was almost too much happiness for Brooke to be able to handle.
3. This lunch. I made sure to add at least one berry for every piece of lettuce on my plate. Poppyseed dressing with a fruity salad is the best.
Real soda is better than diet soda right;) Working on it.
4. I think I am going to be going pro in chess any day now.
5. My two favorite things that I saw on Instagram recently:
From JANEETHA.. I LOVE IT!
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this meal plan MONICA!
7. One of the many things I will miss about living at home. My mother’s fridge with perfectly cut up watermelon waiting for me to eat it.
8. SUCH a great reminder from 9 Ways Women Can Become Better Women.
9. We hit up one of Brooke’s favorite places in Utah County last night… The Bean Museum.
10. Brooke has a new shipment of head accessories from A Little Lady Shop. Brooke now brings me a bow or headband when I forget to put one in her hair in the morning, I have trained her well.
11. Extra butter popcorn and a movie from Redbox. I don’t remember that last time I stayed awake during an entire movie. Maybe staying awake for a movie will be a goal of mine in 2015.
12. I am absolutely amazed that I have stuck to my running break… It has been good for me to take a break after the marathon and I know it will help me to come back stronger but man, I am ready to get back to waking up early and hitting the pavement.
13. Some awesome running articles to check out:
–4 Key Core Exercises For Runners—> great if you are short on time but wanting to fit in some sort of core work everyday to keep you injury free! Remember core isn’t just abs, you have to work the back, hip flexors, abductors and adductors too.
–4 Ways Training With a Group Can Make You a Better Runner—> I COULD NOT AGREE MORE with this. They listed accountability, inspiration, camaraderie and information (talking to other runners that have conquered the goals that you have and finding out how they did it) as ways that running with other people help us to become better runners.
–Is Electrolyte Loss Really the Cause of Your Leg Cramps—> I had some major calf cramps during my marathon so this was super interesting for me to read. If you have experienced leg cramps while running check this one out.
–Strategies For Overcoming Racing Anxiety—> Race day anxiety is not fun at all and I love the ideas that this article gives to help get over that! For me- the more races I do, the less race day anxiety I experience and the more I realize that Brooke/my family/friends will love me no matter how I perform
Ever had leg cramps when running? During a race? What do you think caused it? How did you get rid of them?
Do you struggle with race day anxiety? Is it just the day of the race that you get nervous or the week leading up to it that you are nervous?
Are you good at staying awake during movies or do you fall asleep too?
What are you most looking forward to today?