We are getting in as much quality snuggle time as possible.
I can’t believe I forgot to tell you this but on Tuesday’s run with Josse we saw a shooting star during our first mile. It was beautiful and we were both in awe.
This is a pic of the moon from this morning.
Rachelle, Josse and I took it nice and easy up the canyon this morning. We are all in the mood to take things slow this month. Actually, all of my running friends are kind of dealing with burnout right now… Must be an epidemic.
We look forward to this drinking fountain (and Josse prefers to do some yoga while drinking from it) every time we run in the canyon. The water is sooooo good. I think it comes straight from the mountains.
We did 7 miles at who knows what pace because I forgot to turn my garmin off after I finished running and then drove home with it on so it says that I did a few 2 minute miles at the end.
PS the white thing is the jacket… it folds up into a little pocket that is on the jacket. As you probably already guessed it, I get really excited about the fact that it does this.
The shell is windproof (thank goodness) and water-resistant and it is perfect to put on over warmer gear (or over just a tank if you live in warmer areas). It has double back vents and it is incredibly light (just 4.3 ounces). It has reflective spots on the front, back, sides and arms… perfect for early morning running or night running plus I love the white and pink combo. The only thing I wish it had is front pockets because I love having front pockets on all of my jackets.
The wide waistband is my favorite part about the capris… the waistband makes them extra comfortable. There is a back pocket that is waterproof and the material that the capris are made out of is incredible soft and comfortable. The capris also have front and back retroflectivitiy.
And some awesome tips from Brooks about running at night!
Tips for Night Owl Runners
- Run Against Traffic.
- Obey All Traffic Laws.
- Open Your Eyes.
- Keep Your I.D. on You.
- Carry your cell phone at all times.
- Stay on Well Lit Paths.
- BE VISIBLE.
Highlights of Nightlife
- Check out this video on the effects of nightlife gear here.
- In addition to the visual intensity of our Nightlife colors, reflective details are fully integrated into each piece for 360° of visibility.
- Many pedestrian-car accidents happen when turning corners and not head on. 360° of visibility helps the runner be seen from all angles.
- Human in motion
- The location of the retroreflectivity on five key motion zones and outline of the body signal to the brain that the wearer is human, versus a traffic cone.
- Fluorescent colors
- High visibility fluorescent material absorbs energy and reemits it as visible light
- Fluorescent colors are most important daylight and dusk lighting conditions
- Contrast design increases visibility in daylight and dusk lighting conditions
- Colors outlined in a contrasting color or most visible to the eye. Color with a black border is easier to see. This is a prime example of why Brooks’ Nightlife gear is often paired with the contrasting colors of black or anthracite. Try it for yourself with the example below:
We are about to get on the plane now for California and a good friend of mine reminded me to focus on the positives of this trip (because I have mastered the skill of focusing on the negatives of the trip;)
1. SUNSHINE. Lots of it.
2. Running in sunshine. Running in shorts and a tank!?!?
3. Bangs. Bangs. Bangs. Bangs. (FYI if you are a new reader… Bangs Friend (Katie’s nickname) and I always have an incredible time together and I have missed her so much). I can’t wait to see my California friends.
4. My aunt, uncle and cousins that I have missed like crazy.
5. I will be sleeping in until the afternoon ever day.
6. My mom will be making her stuffing for Thanksgiving at my aunt’s house. I don’t know if I could handle a Thanksgiving without both Brooke and my mom’s stuffing.
7. Delicious Mexican food… I have missed my favorite taco restaurants in San Jose.
Hope you are having a great day and I’ll see you soon! Happy Thanksgiving Eve!