Nothing really interesting has happened in my day thus far except:
1. I shaved my legs which lets be honest that won’t happen again until after the baby. I almost fell over in the shower thirteen times. Bye bye balance.
2. The SLC airport doesn’t have very many Starbucks in it and so I had to resort to McDonalds oatmeal for breakfast instead. Me being the brilliant human being that I am decided to bring a packet of oatmeal with me in my bag. I asked for extra water in my oatmeal and added my own packet to their oatmeal and it was actually somewhat filling and didn’t taste like I was eating a melted candy bar for bfast. I know you don’t believe me but there are things in this world that are actually too sweet for me to eat in the morning.
3. Don’t ever sit in the row right behind first class. Whatever meal they served to the first class people smelled like heaven and I was stuck with pretzels and apple juice.
4. Watching The Vow on the airplane made time fly by but crying during the movie while sitting between two males that don’t understand hormones makes you feel really awkward.
5. I always always bring every running magazine in our house with me for flights. The July 2012 Running Times had an article written by Laura Weisberger, a 16 year-old with a mile pr of 5:15.
The article she wrote about why she runs was absolutely beautiful. It made me want to skydive out of the plane with my running shoes and train my heart out.
Please tell me her reasons gave you goosebumps too!!
Don’t you hate it when teenagers (and in my case 1st graders) are better writers than you are?
You have really got to read this article in its entirety.
6. I don’t know why I have decided to do so many lists posts lately. My list today started as a list about the interesting things about my day and is about to transform to a list about my obsession with bagels.
7. My first mission to accomplish in NYC is to find a doughy 5 lb. bagel with so much cream cheese on it that it gets all over my face and hair.
8. Do bagels stay fresh if you try to bring them home with you on a five hour flight? Actually, I think the better question would be, what is the world’s record for the most bagels consumed on a flight by one person because I am sure I could break it.
Have you ever flown first class?
How often do you shave your legs? Let’s be honest mmkay…
Do you like chick flicks? Did you ever see The Vow?
Did any of Laura’s reasons for running jump out to you?
– I absolutely loved how she said that she runs because of the chance to be extraordinary and to experiment with her potential. I love seeing how far I can push myself!