Reasons why Saturday has already rocked and it is only 3 p.m.
1. I had a PAINFREE feel good 2 mile run today at the gym with my sister!! We started off by lifing chest and back, ran and then finished with some elliptical and stretching. It felt good, real good.
3. Subway date with the little ladies, I got MY USUAL and will have jalepeno breath for the rest of the day.
4. Pool time…….I wonder how many more pool days we are going to have this year. PS I think it took them 4 hours to finish off their bags of cheetos from Subway. It was weird because I am pretty sure I have finished off a family sized bag of flaming hot cheetos in the span of one episode of 30 Rock.
5. Opening my mom’s fridge to find this which means I will be grocery shopping at her house today.
6. Taking above mentioned peaches and creating my favorite cereal/peach bowl for a mid-afternoon snack.
7. Getting my laundry done while laying on the couch reading Sarah’s Key. I am really anal about doing laundry and so I get the best feeling when it is all done.
8. I have had a little buddy with me in the car today that loves singing and dancing to the Glee Soundtrack as much as me. PS I got a lot of weird stares from people today as I was singing and dancing because they couldn’t see her in the back seat and thought I was just doing the robot by myself.
9. BYU football game on tonight which means blogging, eating, baking and napping for me.
10. I am about to go convince my niece to give me a lotion foot massage. She loves giving foot massages and I love getting them….win-win.
What were the TOP 3 best things about your Saturday?
Cheetos fan? Have you tried the flaming hot flavor? SO GOOD!
1. We bought new office furniture after 4 YEARS of wondering if the desk will fall over (it was damaged in 2 moves in 3 months)
2. The office furniture will be assembled by someone other than me
3. Found Costco muffins hiding in the freezer!!!
Can I add a 4th? Tough, doing it anyway….
4. WINE with dinner!
FOUR YEARS….you guys sound like us. Okay, the Costco muffin would have made my day too and you can ALWAYS add a fourth;)
Jamie aka "Sometimes Healthy Girl"
Yay for a pain-free 2 mile run! I just had one of those yesterday, and it pretty much made my day. Can’t wait til’ we can add a zero on to the end of that 2!
And I LOVE Subway as much as you.
natalie @ southern fit foodie
1. I taught a Zumba class this morning that was packed and everyone had so much energy! SO FUN!
2. I finally sorted through all my workout clothes and organized them and put them away (they all fell off the shelf and into the floor about 10 days ago, and they have been sitting on the guest bed since then ha).
3. Heading out to a wedding tonight for my brother’s best friend and then coming home to two of my nephews spending the night!!!
I don’t eat Cheetos, but I do love them, especially the flaming hot kind!
Have so much fun at the wedding. Girl, I WISH I could come to your Zumba class so so so so bad! Can you come organize my workout clothes?
Haute Running Mama
Yay for your 2 mile run :) Love that you had rain and a pool day within hours. Whats up with your weather?!?! LOL!
I am going to bake tonight too! We finally have fallish weather today! Yipppeeee!!!!
YAY PAIN FREE RUN!!! i am soo happy for you girl<3 and um like since when did billy become this running superstarrrr? remember the days when he um never ran? can he get my bf out the door? that be awesomeeee!!! hahaha
top best things of todayyy
1) awesome spin work out
2) i get to go home today and see my fam that i havent seen in like a week but seems like foreverrrr!
3) a saturday with no homework, no gameplan, just relaxationnnn<3 love itt!
Top 3: college football, which we love in our house. I really hope BYU kicks Texas butt tonight. We might be from Texas but I can’t stand UT. Second, i just went to the store to get cough meds that were approved by my doctor which will hopefully help me sleep and get thru the rest of the day. Colds suck! Third, i got three packages in the mail. I love getting packages and mail.
Love cheetos and the flaming hot rock!
Yay for your run & Billy’s run! That’s a ton of peaches – I want some!
1.) Farmer’s market this morning – getting 5 lbs apples for $3.
2.) 6 mile run with lotsa hills
3.) Baking choco chip cookies for post-run fuel, mmm
DANG!! 5 lbs for $3, that is AWESOME! Great run and cookies are the BEST post-run fuel ever!
So glad you had 2 miles pain-free! My top best 3 things from today – awesome long run, first pumpkin coffee of the season, and got my schoolwork done for the weekend already.
I like cheetos, but not so much the flaming hot cheetos. All my students are OBSESSED with them! They sell them at all the bball & football games with nacho cheese dip…. which weirds me out.
GIRL…I am so happy you had an awesome long run and finished all your schoolwork, time to RELAX!!! Nacho cheese dip, that sounds so wrong.
Mike and my inside joke is that whenever anyone asks you what you want to eat, the answer is cheetos.
Your day sounds awesome! Do you feel awesome that you made Billy into a runner? I get excited every time someone tells me they went running because they thought of me :).
Best things about my day:
Got a post long run pedicure with my mom
The laundry is done!
I ran over 20 miles today. BOOYA!
Lauren @ What Lauren Likes
Wow, I really wish I knew someone who loved giving foot lotion massages! Lucky duck :)
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry
That is a GOOD Saturday!
1. A little catch-up breakfast with my high school friends this morning. I love reminiscing with them :)
2. Went grocery shopping and bought a TON of peaches! Peaches fo’ meeeee.
3. I am staying in tonight and watching movies with my lover and eating peaches, and I am pumped.
Have an awesome night!
I am SO glad you stocked up on peaches. Enjoy your PERFECT evening! Bfast with high school friends sounds heavenly!
This piece was a licfajeket that saved me from drowning.
yay for an awesome saturday! enjoy your family and your peaches!
nope, i don’t like cheetos because I don’t like cheese…
tope things about my saturday: 1)running 12 miles without ANY knee pain (the miracles of tape!) 2) watching lots of x-men with my roomie 3) getting a sweet new bra that was on sale (it’s the little things)
NO KNEE PAIN!!! Girl, that is so so awesome. wahoo!! It really is the little things and a new bra on sale would make my day too!
Um, teach me your taping ways, please!
I made a dinner tonight that made me think of you (i swear I’m not creepy! ha even though it sounded weirddd), but it included peaches!!!!! Unfortunately for me they’re going OUT of season :(
Okay: Peach, Chicken, and swiss cheese quesadilla.. I used one of those laughing cow wedges spread it on the quesadilla, chopped up a peach and some chicken, then put it on a them together on a pan to make the quesadilla a little crunchy. I promise it’s delicious.
That quesadilla was the highlight of my saturday :) and my swim session this morning! The water was the perfect temp.
Oh my goodness….ALEXIS, your quesadilla sounds like HEAVEN!!! I am so going to copy you. Fun, swim sessions, I want to come!
Jessica @ rerunrunning
What a happy Saturday! What a cutie in your backseat!
1. I survived the heat for 10 miles, which was all done on a track bc my bruised heel appreciated being off the sidewalk this morning… 40 laps is a lot of circles.
2. I made rice krispies treats fir the first time in my life. Success!
3. I’m wearing a new shirt. It’s blue. :)
Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans
Trip to the mall (2 ne ork outfits)
Carb loading for my long run
Yay for your run! And Billy is becoming quite the running rockstar isn’t he?!
Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans
*that should say new work…maybe my w is broken lol
Oh girl….carb loading is the BEST!! I am jealous of your mall trip and yes, Billy really is becoming a running rockstar!
Woohoo! No pain. Janae that is awesome. So is peaches!!! I love to by Breyers Peach Ice Cream, put some in a HUGE coffee mug, pour milk over it. YUMMY!!
Top three things today:
1. I ran a 5k this morning in called the Stephen Siller Tunnels to Towers in memory of the fallen firemen of 9/11!
2. I had the best nap I have had in weeks.
3. I think the very best is yet to come. The day isn’t over!
That 5K sounds amazing!!! Okay, naps are the best thing in the whole wide world. Linda, I am going through withdrawals. I am having a tough time getting into your new blog and I NEED updates on your life:)
1.10 mile run in Provo Canyon!
2. Hubby cleaned the bathroom :)
3. Watching the BYU game…big fans over here!
Your day sounds awesome! Lol at the dancing in the car thing….I do that all the time by myself. :)
HE CLEANED THE BATHROOM…wahoo! We are watching the game too:) Okay, you rocked your run today…way to go Jessica!
1. My workout this morning was also PAIN FREE :) (Isn’t it such an awesome feeling?!)
2. I watched probably 10 episodes of Gilmore Girls and didn’t feel guilty about it.
3. I got the laundry done with the help of my hubby.
Hope you have a great Sunday!
WAHOOOOO FOR PAIN FREE, that makes me so happy! Okay, I am obsessed with Gilmore Girls and 10 episodes is perfectly acceptable. Billy helped me with the laundry today too wahoo!
[email protected] World Through My Eyes
1. The pumpkin pancakes I made for breakfast
2. The AWESOME ride on my road bike with my BFF
3. The fact that I am about to park it on the couch with movies for the rest of the night!
1) Surviving coaching two soccer teams solo as hubby was working
2) Spaghetti and Meatballs for Dinner which thank God I made last night as
I was not cooking tonight more than spaghetti
3) The quiet I will have when hubby brings the kiddos upstairs (hopefully soon)
Luv What You Do
Sarah’s Key is a wonderful book!
I had a wonderful Saturday…by 3:00 I had already been to the Green Market, LUSH, Lululemon, Peeled Juice Bar, Karyn’s Raw, Whole Foods, and a boot camp class as part of the Chicago CHEW tour. So fun!!!
Flaming hot cheetos are my #1 weakness. Looooove them.
Sadly, my top 3 doesn’t include any kind of working out today :( As much as I want to run, I sprained my ankle really badly yesterday (while running, of course) and now it hurt even to walk. Boo!
OH NO…GRACE, I am SO SO SORRY about your ankle, that is awful! Keep me updated on your recovery, I will be thinking about you!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health
I love Cheetos! And isn’t it so weird how slow kids eat things? I should probably take a hint and slow down haha. The top best 3 things about today were the gorgeous weather, my great circuit workout I did at the gym, and the relaxing that I’m currently doing :)
I was having the same I love Saturday feeling today too! I posted about it too! After riding my bike every Saturday all summer I LOVED feeling like a runner again and running 8 miles! And I spent the rest of the day watching football on a beautiful day on my neighbor’s porch. And I ate TONS of puppy chow and spinach dip!!
8 MILES!!! COREY, that is awesome!! Okay, now I am craving puppy chow big time!
PS I tried to leave a comment on your blog but I think it went to spam:(
Janae! Thanks so much for letting me know! It did go to spam, but I saved its life and put it where it should be :) I think I need to check my comment settings!
I had a fabo 12 miler this morning with the team. My booty finished it in 2:30 (slow I know, but I’m getting it done).
This afternoon I went to Pooches in Pink with my Rottie, Summer. Lots of dog lovers raising money for Komen Breast Cancer Research. Summer sported a pink T and pink flower lei.
Now it’s NASCAR time! Fabo day today and tomorrow looks just as good with the Race for the Cure 5k!
WHATEVER….Lynne that is INCREDIBLE, way too go! Have fun with Nascar and have so much fun at your 5k!!
3 reasons why my Saturday was awesome…
—Went for a run (I’ve really neglected this lately!)
—Bought some of my favorite food while grocery shopping
—Just did a mini makeover to my blog :) (check it out!)
GIRL….your blog looks AWESOME!! I tried to leave a comment but I think it went to spam:( Running and grocery shopping=best day ever!
Thanks hun! Found your comment in my spam…don’t know why it went there (?) but I retrieved it! Haha
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen
This is a tough one since I spent 6 hours of this GORGEOUS day inside for the baptism of my husband’s friend’s kid. But, the 15 mile bike ride when I got home, breakfast this morning (pumpkin + banana+ choc. chip bread!) and getting to dress up in heels (i work from home & never get to) was kinda fun :)
1. I got to see my cousin at my family reunion that I have not seen in years
2. Completed a 3 1/2 mile run with no tendon pain in the ankle
3. The awesome fall weather
I so love the flamin hot cheetos. I mix them with regular cheetos. My hubby bought the cheddar jalepeno cheetos tonight, and they might just be my new favorite:)
way to go janae and Billy! the running duo!! so excited for the pain free run. Makes me smile.
I desPISE cheetos. I baked too-while the hubs watched the COugs do great….and then turn sour. Sad day.
I am lovin’ today because I got to do favorite things! Whheeee :)
1. Signed up at the Y in the town over and had a really good, long swim. No pressure on how far I went and I just kept swimmmmming and swimmming at a nice pace.
2. Made the best pancakes and oatmeal I’ve ever made. Literally, both in the same day. Best. Ever.
3. Bought corn at a farmer’s market, made friends with the farmer, and got a free honeycrisp apple and a peach from him. :-)
I haven’t had a cheet-o in a REALLY long time. I remember they were good but always really salty. Not really something I miss everyday.
Yay for two miles! My knee has been acting up lately. Boo.
Stoked on your run!!!!
Amy’s top 3:
1- PAIN FREE 6 mile run this morning! (The sunrise was amazing up here. I’m loving these cool fall mornings; it was perfect out.)
2- Grandma made us all dinner and I didn’t have to wash a bazillion dishes by hand because she has a dishwasher. (I don’t, in case you are wondering why I was excited about the dishwasher).
3- ONE WEEK UNTIL THE MARATHON!!!!!!
PS- Billy looks like a GIANT in that picture! :)
Sarah @ Sarah's Modern Bites
What a super productive day!!! I am crazy about laundry too and once it’s all done it’s like this huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders! Love it! MY laundry day is tomorrow :)
Top 3 things about today?
– I scored a much needed and awesome Kenneth Cole winter jacket at TJMaxx!!!
– I received largest amount of tips to date after the wine tour I gave today (A fun side job I do on the weekends!)
– I spilled a huge drop of red wine on my brand new Asics during the wine tour (wearing sneakers because my left leg is still out of commission) BUT I just happened to have a Tide Pen in my purse and it came right out!! I will forever keep a Tide Pen on hand because I cannot be trusted with red wine no matter how careful I claim to be :)
Leanne (Bride to Mrs.)
3 best things about today: we went to my parents cabin & got to hang out with my older sister Carmen. We took a boat ride from carm’s friends and jumped into the lake. And lastly, we hung out in le hot tub!
Oh and we had cheetos on the boat! Twinnns!!
Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled
I was just at Subway today too! My stepson asked for the Cheetos too and only ate 4 before he was done. He really doesn’t understand what he’s missing.
Best part of my Saturday? Getting to go to the circus with my two favorite men in the whole world!
1. Getting called off work and getting to sit around and have a few drinks instead (kind of broke one of my rules of no drinks the night before a long run… oops).
2. Getting some Annie’s raspberry vinaigrette for $1.50 a bottle.
3. A nice nap
1. Cheering on my students at their CC meet.
2. My 4 mile run (although it was supposed to be 7, but I was just too tired from all the cheering…tomorrow I guess!)
3. Potbelly’s with my sister
You should’ve been cheering when it rained. I love running in the rain! It is the best.
and what is wrong with doing the robot in the car by yourself?
Congrats on your run!!! Once I got to the grocery store today I ran over and picked out like 89 peaches. I feel like I need to get as many as possible before summer is over :)
I can’t believe the Cougars lost! No fun.
Way to go on your run! It must be so nice to have a pain free run in there! I hope there are more to come!
I love flamin’ hot cheeto’s! And crunchy cheeto’s, but not puffs!
Your nieces are so adorable, it’s awesome that you get to spend so much time with them!
Lauren (Mrs Q)
1. I had an awesome running date with 3 other army wives (6 miles!)
2. I got my two new pairs of running shoes in the mail
3. I made epic burgers for dinner (I always experiment with what I use for seasonings. This time was soy sauce, teriyaki, Guinness, paprika, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes).
Christina @ The Athletarian
Way to go on your pain-free 2-miler!!! And holy cow, BILLY! Slow down! Awesome job!
1. Rest day
Your family is so precious! 2 miles pain-free is two miles PAIN-FREE…which is what really matters. =)
I’m off to have some peach in my kashi cereal..yum.
Yay for your pain free run!
3 Things about Saturday that I love in no particular order, not having to wake up at 4:30 AM to get a workout in before work, putzing around the house with a coffee all day long, staying up past 8:30 PM…see comment about 4:30 AM wake up calls during the week. LOL!
I’m jealous of that peach drawer!
Oh, and I had Red Mango fro yo last night and thought about you…mango/coconut twist!
Congrats! I’m so happy for you that you had a good jog! Might not be as much as you’d like to do, but staying injury free is most important!
Best things about saturday, hrmmm:
1. Seeing my dog after being in Alaska for a week. He was so excited he bit me! That wasn’t the nice part, but it was random and kind of funny… after it stopped hurting haha. Love how he gets so excited and is so happy to see us :)
2. Getting new running shorts that don’t ride up and new running socks that love love LOVE my feet
3. Getting a 5k in after having taken a week off. I’m super slow and we threw a big hill in there so it was rough, but I’ll take what I can get :)
… lovely saturday even if tiring after traveling 12 hours in the middle of the night to get home!
Hi! The top 3 things about my Saturday….
1. I went for a 10 mile run! (Race day in SF is 5 weeks away!!)
2. I’m part of a running club and we had a recovery workshop after the run, and I did yoga for the first time. On a roof!
3. Frozen yogurt to refuel! I’m such a little kid– listen to this combo: pumpkin, vanilla, plain, and cake batter yogurt with mini pb cups, chocolate sprinkles, hot pb, hot fudge, waffle cone bits, mochi, gummy bears, whipped cream, and brownie bites…. My fellow yogurt eater was disgusted!
4. I’m adding a 4th….I dressed up! In a dress and heels! (I always wear shorts and tennis shoes…) I went to listen to a friend’s band play downtown. It was super fun.
And yes, cheetos! LOVE. I only ever let myself have them on roadtrips though.
And, I’m a grad student at Texas. Sorry about BYU’s loss, but I was happy to hear that the Horns won. :)
Nice job on the pain free run! Those always feel good plus you got cross training in!
Ok so the best thing about my Saturday was arriving at our vacation destination. It is Sunday and I did a six mile run on the boardwalk! I am so proud I did it without my iPod ( I forgot to charge it). There was plenty to see!
Anna @ Food Fitness and Frolicking
I LOVE THIS POST.
A. Awesome job Billy..that’s grrrreat!
B. Peaches are great right now, I would be drooling over that fridge full of them!
C. Let’s be honest, cheetos DO taste amazing!!
1. Longest run ever. 15 miles. I hobbled through the last 1.5 miles but I refused to get on the sag wag.
2. My son’s football team won 34-0. After scoring only 1 touchdown the entire season last year it was AWESOME.
3. Last minute notice we were feeding missionaries from my church on Sunday. Had to make dessert. May have made some extra chocolate buttercream frosting.
I love Cheetos. The orage fingers – not so much. If I could figure out how to eat them with a fork I would be golden.
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life
I canNOT imagine running 11 miles; I would probably die after 3…literally. I need a niece like yours!
Best thing about my Saturday was the total domination by the Tennessee Vols over Cincinnati. I love football season.
Sarah’s Key will make you cry. I read the book a couple months ago then went to the movie this weekend. It was beautiful and horrific at the same time. I just wrote a short, vague post about it. Happy to hear that you’re on the mend.
I am hoping to start writing this week. I just lost the zeal to write when I closed my blog off. I am about ready to open it back up and say, “Hey! Look at the great life I have!”
The top three best things of my Saturday?
1. PENN STATE football! I am the most obnoxious fan…I didn’t go there but my whole family did and I live and breath college football.
2. 10 mile run that I thought I couldn’t finish because it was so hot but did.
3. Grilling out with my boyfriend
Not so much a cheetos fan…living in Wisconsin has made me a cheese snob!
Top 3: spent time with my Dear, went to the Eastern Market, ate a delicious dinner… Followed by a fun Sunday too, yay for the weekend!
haha… no joke, my long run it started pouring and i opened my mouth to see if i could catch some rain ;) lol…
I hate doing laundry… I can throw it in the wash and dryer no problem… but folding and putting away is what gets me… i have 2 baskets full of clean clothes from last wednesday that are going to be all wrinkly when i finally get around to folding them tomorrow lol :-p
Billy looks like he’s floating in mid air! I love great Saturdays!!