I’ve got a new HRG Baby post if you want to check it out! 25 week update and some talk about sleep!
Just a morning cool-down stroll with Brooke after my run:)
She is really loving to do peace signs lately for pictures:)
Yesterday I noticed that my shoelaces had DIG DEEP on them (not sure if I’ve ever noticed this or just forgot… pregnancy brain is a real thing). For one of my 1/2 marathons in 2013 I repeated ‘dig deep’ to myself probably a million times over those last 5 miles. I love this mantra because it is so simple yet reminds me that I have so much more to give and so much potential to reach into when things start feeling really hard! We’ve got a lot to tap into… don’t forget that and find your strength next time you are wanting to quit.
During yesterday’s run I listened to I’ll Have Another and the episode was with Sam!! I have ‘talked’ to her a bit in the comments (I consider you my friend whether or not you want to be if you comment/email/tweet/anything with me online;) and WOW. Sam, is beyond amazing. She has been through so much and she is so strong (her olive analogy at the end is everything). This episode is about how she was abducted and raped while she was out for a run and how she has bounced back from a beyond awful situation. Sam is amazing.
I am really going to have a hard time once peaches are out of season again. One snack that I am loving right now combines two of my biggest cravings (peaches and milk) so I combine them and it is amazing. My dad used to do this all the time when I lived at home… he is a brilliant man (he is an inventor for his profession so clearly, any of his food creations are amazing too).
Knox came home and they got to work on some art projects while I got to work on eating tuna on toast. When you are pregnant you are only supposed to eat up to 12 ounces of light tuna each week and I’ve hit my max this week now… so I have to wait for more until next week.
The only food that I really miss while being pregnant is sushi:) I think I’ll request my first date with Andrew after I have the baby to be our favorite all-you-can-eat sushi place.
I fell asleep on the couch for a total of 7 minutes but somehow it was exactly what I needed. I felt so much better after.
Clearly, Beretta can fall asleep anywhere just like me. I’m glad she thinks chair legs make comfortable pillows.
Taking Brooke to the movie leap is what inspired her tutu to Target.
If there is baby stuff, the kids let me know exactly what we need to be buying for their sister.
I was in desperate need of a smoothie after Target. Even better… this smoothie place has a drive-thru.
Also, I had some amazing watermelon last night. Fruit took up a lot of my thoughts yesterday.
1. PSA on pacing from Hanson’s Half Marathon Method! Don’t cave into the temptation to run different paces than what your coach or plan are telling you to do! Also, here is my post on how to KNOW your paces for your runs!
2. Who else feels like this on rest days! I swear this below image is every Sunday for me ha (pregnant or not:). Thank you running for giving me more energy compared to the days that I don’t exercise!
3. A failed attempt at a running selfie of me and Andrew at our last race but at least you get a nice shot of my permanent retainer;) This topic is about how I need a race to sign up for. I currently don’t have anything I am signed up for but I’m looking for a 10k. I’m the type of runner that loves having a race to train for (even if I’m pregnant) and I’m feeling my motivation slipping because I have nothing I’m signed up for so I’m going to find one today.
4. Katrina reminded me on yesterday’s post that Stranger Things 2 is coming out this fall. I completely forgot about this… I cannot wait. Between This Is Us starting next month again and then Stranger Things starting the month afterwards… my dream of relaxing and watching my favorite show during my third trimester is looking like it is going to happen. This season I don’t think I’ll be able to stay up until 3 a.m. binge watching Stranger Things… sorry Andrew.
5. If you could choose to have one small indulgence of your choice… what would it be?
My family sometimes plays this game and I had some of their answers written down and I added in ours too:
*My Dad: To have Smucker’s Currant Jelly always stored in the pantry.
*One of my brother’s: A brand new pair of socks every day.
*My sister: To be a member of the Harry and David Fruit of the Month Club
*My mom: Have a chef make an extraordinary dinner for us once a week.
*Me: I’m like my sister… to have a large bowl of fresh fruit cut up and in my fridge every single day.
*Andrew: For a 15 minute foot massage each day
*Knox: To watch MJ music videos every day.
*Brooke: For sprinkles to be a part of every meal that we eat.
Another chance to check out the latest HRG BABY POST—> 25 week update and some talk about SLEEP/schedules (aka I need your recommendations).
If you could choose one small indulgence to have each day… what would it be?
Did you get into Stranger Things? Also, ever binged watched a show all night before?
What kind of runner are you… need a race on the agenda or do not need a race on the agenda? Who has a September race?
Who has had braces/headgear/retainers/anything else? Anyone else still have a permanent retainer like me?