We somehow survived 8 hours on the roads yesterday and I will share with you our secrets of how we did it.
1. I did a toning circuit workout at the hotel gym to get my muscles nice and tired before sitting in the car for so long. I did THIS ONE!
2. We spent all morning long with Brooke’s besties at the pool to get her extra tired and then left San Diego 4 minutes before nap time. Worked like a charm and girlfriend slept like a rock for the first portion of the trip.
2. We ate at Chipotle because we are both obsessed with their burrito bowls with guacamole and as much salsa as they are allowed to pour on top.
3. Even though I packed plenty of healthy snacks… gas station food gets me every time and I couldn’t say no to some candy and a diet coke for some much needed caffeine for the rest of the drive.
4. Nemo. Nemo. Nemo. Bless Finding Nemo’s heart because that movie kept Brooke very entertained.
5. My amazing road trip playlist and the fact that Brooke now understands the concept (and importance) of dancing when a really good song comes on.
6. Stopping in Mesquite, Nevada to walk around at sunset and then find a play place to get out as many wiggles as possible.
7. Staying the night in St. George with one of my oldest and greatest friends so that we can get a good night’s sleep and then finish up the rest of the drive tomorrow.
5 things I am looking forward to coming up:
1. My sister just got a pool. We are going to finish off summer the right way.
2. I am going to go TRAIL RUNNING THIS WEEK… it has been way too long.
3. To cook. After so much eating out, I can’t wait to make my own meals and eat at home (eating at home vs. eating out is 4 trillion times less stressful when you have an almost 2 year old).
4. We move into our new place in 11 days… AHHHHHH PARTY AT OUR HOUSE AND EVERYONE IS INVITED:)
5. This week I get to meet a friend (that I met through the blog) for the first time ever… we have been emailing for over 3 years now!!!
Tell me a few things that you are looking forward to!!!!