I hate admitting it + it can be such a jerk.

(crop, shorts)

The two of us met in 7th grade at basketball tryouts. I didn’t make it past the 1st cut (that stung) and she made the team. Twenty-five years later, I’m still trying to be as athletic as Tawny, haha.

Half of us did a workout at the track and half of us did a workout on the roads but we all got our w/u and c/d together.

I am basically copying my training from last year for the Utah Valley 10k, which is coming up in 2.5 weeks. During the warm-up, I thought there wasn’t a chance on this planet that I would be able to run the workout as fast as I did the previous year.

The warm-up can be such a jerk. It is a liar and continues to give me trust issues.🤣

3.5-mile w/u, 3-mile tempo (down, up, down) @ 5:40, 6:09, 5:58 for a 5:56 average. Last year, when I did this workout (on the same course), I finished with a 6:06 average. I was beyond happy to see that improvement yesterday. We then did a mile easy and finished with a mile downhill @ 5:15.

Gratitude towards establishments that give us the hydration we need.

I’m still drinking my green smoothies but not as often… I hate to admit this, but I’m drinking them less because I drink them the days Andrew is home from work and making them;) It ends up being more days than not, but the mornings have been so busy lately, and I’ve also been really zoning in on upping my protein.

It was a tee-ball morning for Beck.

It was hot out and so the only logical answer for our next activity would be ice cream.

It was our last day of cross-country so we had a water party.

I started this:

And I started my scuba class!

Let’s see how this goes…

Have anything that you hate to admit right now?

Would you rather have a long warm-up and short cool-down or a short warm-up and long cool-down or equal?

-A looooooong warm-up and the absolute shortest cool-down;)

Have a place that you stop for runs often for water?

Anyone else taking any type of class right now?

You May Also Like

20 comments

Did you see that Clayton Young has a YouTube now?! His videos are great. I can’t believe they run on such busy roads though!

Yes, on short cool down!

I saw it on IG but I haven’t checked it out… off to go watch every movie. Thank you, Ida for the reminder. I KNOW. They are a bit busy and it looks so unreal to see them zooming down them at 14 mph. Hope you have a beautiful day and a short cool down on your next run!

Long warm up and short cool down! I agree, the warm up is deceiving. During track, they make us do two laps of strides in the warm up and every single time I think “I’ll never be able to do the workout based on how I feel slightly speeding up now”. But it’s a lie! I can and will complete the workout as the assigned times!

That is brilliant to do two laps of strides. Every time it lies and someday I will remember that. Thanks for letting me know I’m not alone! Have the best day, Mariah!

“The warm-up can be such a jerk.” RELATABLE –> My bf and I go (indoor) climbing 1-2 times a week and almost without fail he will tell me during warm-up that he doesn’t feel like it’s going well and that he probably won’t do much (he’s almost always wrong).
Have fun scuba diving! The thought of being underwater for so long terrifies me xD

Hahah that’s good to know this happens in other sports too. And I love that you guys go indoor climbing, that sounds like so much fun. Yeah… as they were talking about sharks yesterday I was really questioning my life choices. Have a beautiful day, Nina!

If I had a dollar for every time we are reading the same book or recently purchased the same book! I also was reading Funny Story when you were. 🤣 Yay for scuba lessons! Where will you be vacationing/putting scuba into practice? Just finished a yoga beginner’s class and recently bought a road bike. Trying to find better ways to cross train while also finding things to love outside of running, so that don’t have such a mental dependency (for when injured) on running.

STOP IT! That is so funny haha. Are you reading Within Arm’s Reach right now then? We are still ironing out the details, so we are currently deciding between three places! I’ll let you know as soon as I know. I’m excited to try it out. Yay for your yoga class and your road bike. I love your plan and that really is so smart. Hope you have a wonderful day, April.

Utah looks so pretty now! We’re fully in our “June gloom” (sometimes goes from May to July), with coastal cloud cover until midday. It can be a little depressing, but come August, when it’s 80° by 7am, we’ll miss it. Ha
I think I’m with you on the longer warmup and shorter cool down. Sometimes I feel like my body takes forever to get going.
I am trying to get back to having my smoothies in the morning again. They’re so good for us!
Have a great day Janae

I remember that June gloom so well whenever I would stay the summers with my ex in-laws… I hope you get a bit more sunshine than normal these next few mornings. Hahah valid point about missing it in August. So so so long to get moving. Let me know if you have a favorite smoothie recipe. Have a beautiful day, Wendy!

Chia seeds have some protein so you are getting some from your drink! 🙂 I’m not sure how much you put in your smoothie but at least you are getting some!

SOOOO true! And some amazing fiber too:). I hope you have a beautiful day, Karen!

Can you share how you’re getting more protein throughout the day? I’m also trying but struggling- any helpful tips? Thanks.

Absolutely! I’ll write a full post about it! We’ve got this, I’m seriously feeling so much better and stronger already.

My girls are 4 and 7. We’ve lived in Thailand, Italy, Bangladesh and Liberia… and we are moving to Kazakhstan. I’m worried that they aren’t really remembering some of these amazing places 😭 It seems silly, but I really want them hold onto these places somewhere in their brain!

Can you adopt us?! What amazing experiences you are giving your family. WOW! I bet they will remember so much!

I’ll have to get that book next I LOVE all Ann Napolitano! Did you buy that mask and snorkel or is it part of the gear you’re just using for the class? I ask because I have a scuba travel tip for you if you’re so inclined: if you own a mask and snorkel (and fins) that are comfortable and you like, bring them with you on scuba trips. We travel all over the world to dive but we don’t like to check luggage so we don’t own our own scuba gear, BUT we always bring our own mask/snorkel/fins because we know they’re comfortable and work for us and they don’t take much room! Nothing ruins a dive like a leaky/foggy/ uncomfortable mask! Happy diving!!!

It is already so so good! I did buy my own mask and snorkel to bring… but not fins. Should I get those!? THANK you for this tip, this is so helpful. Ummmm this kind of freaked me out, https://www.ksl.com/article/51014532/woman-dies-in-tragic-scuba-diving-accident-at-homestead-crater
This is where I am going to practice…

Janae! You may have already listened to this or had it sent to you, but Clayton and Ashley Young just did an episode of All In. I know how much you love seeing Clayton and Connor out training, so here’s the link! :)

YOU WIN! I can’t wait to listen! THANK YOU!