Hey everyone its Andrew today!
Janae is out for the count for today. We had no idea what surgery was going to be like. This surgery ended up being around 3 hours long and the pain and the swelling has settled in today. So you are all stuck with me…. sorry!
I had put together a video of Janae coming out of anesthesia and I was uploading it, but I thought it might be a little too mean to put that on the internet. Maybe if you all ask for it, Janae might post it later this week :)
In the hospital I see a TON of people come out of anesthesia and I have quite a lot of funny stories! Although, I’m not posting the video I wanted to put a couple one liners that she said waking up from surgery:
– I was only about 10 feet from the operating room and I started to hear Janae wake up and the first words from her mouth were, “I REALLY want some pasta, I AM SO HUNGRY” There definitely were some tears shed when she saw me and I didn’t have any pasta in my hands. I still don’t know if she has forgiven me.
– “I wish my mom let me do drugs growing up” – no explanation needed on this one haha
– “Andrew can we please go home and watch Netflix!!”
– I was suppose to work the next day and after talking to the surgeon, I realized I needed to call to ask for the day off. I told Janae that I was going to be home the next day and she started to cry, “Why are you not going to work? Are you going to get in trouble?”
– I think she asked me about 100 times for pasta.
– “Why did you let me wear a romper, that was not a good idea!!”
– “I don’t even want to run right now, why would I do that?” I was dying laughing when she said that, because I knew that is what she would want to do the next morning.
I just wanted to share a few random things/thoughts from our day yesterday.
I don’t know know what it is, but Beck is ALWAYS taking off his left shoe and sock if we are in the car for five minutes or more. Do you or anyone you know do things like this?
I love having Beck as my errand buddy. He doesn’t know enough words to tell me he doesn’t want to go or wants to stay with mom instead so it has been fun.
Trip 1 of 4 to Jamba Juice today. This is the one of the few things that is easily eaten after having gum grafts.
Beck isn’t mad about it either!!!
Between taking kids to school, sub-coach for cross country, two different soccer games, many Beck adventures and tantrums, I was able to fit in a 45 minute power-zone training session on the Peloton with Matt Wilpers. He is by far one of my favorite coaches on the Peloton.
We hung at the park after cross country practice for a little intermission before our two soccer games. Brooke showed off all the ways she can climb the monkey bars.
Her smile and giggle makes everything right in the world!
Jamba for the four hundredth time today.
Smoothies, mashed potatoes and all other soft foods for the next six weeks. We are going to need to figure out other things to eat for Janae, let me know if anyone has any ideas!!
We finished the night with a movie with the girls, everyone was ready for bed tonight, thank goodness because we are all exhausted!!!
Have an amazing day today!!!
Any funny post anesthesia videos or experiences?
Anyone have gum grafts or mouth surgery? How did you survive???
What is the highlight of your week so far?