I did some stretching and this strength workout to start my Monday!
Strength training in the garage is nice because I still get a peek of the sunrise (aka one of my favorite parts of running).
We watched Boston (and loved every second… you are all AMAZING!) and had a typical morning.
Skye joined me on some errands.
And then later on, these two joined us too.
Random facts to discuss today.
1. The other day, I was thinking about how weird it is that Andrew and I have both completed a marathon on the treadmill. Mine was back in 2010ish, and his was in 2019 when we were training for an ultra. I don’t think either of us will ever plan on doing this again but it’s quite a random thing that we both have in common.
2. I’ve decided that my next goal race is going to be a trail race (not an ultra, just some cool trail race that I can find).
3. Sucker sticks make excellent birthday candles when you don’t have any candles.
4. How in the world did Shalane run a 2:46 on Sunday in Chicago and then a 2:40 in Boston the next day? She is something else.
5. If our kids continue to run and mountain bike with us, we will be the luckiest.
6. I think my DNA + Andrew’s DNA = particular taste buds. Skye and Beck are twins with what they will and will not eat… They could also both live off of yogurt and oatmeal.
7. After talking about getting a Peloton for over a year, we went for one. Andrew found a great deal on a used one, and we can’t wait. Mountain biking is very hit and miss (emphasis on the miss) over the next 4-5 months in Utah, and Andrew has been wanting a Peloton to get in biking throughout the winter. I’ll be using it too (the podiatrist told me biking is great for me right now) during this injury, and once I am running again… I am thinking I’ll be cross-training more than what I used to do.
8. All afternoon it rained and rained, which inspired me to get in the kitchen more. Twenty breakfast burritos are currently waiting in my freezer for me to eat over the next few weeks. I use this recipe and roast some sweet potatoes up for the recipe too.
9. The best hot chocolate mix is 100% Stephen’s, and it must be made with milk.
10. I don’t need as much sleep when I am not running. I wake up after 7 hours and feel completely alert when I’m not running. When I am in training, I don’t feel alive unless I sleep 9 hours a night ha.
Do you notice a difference in how much sleep you need when running vs. when you are not running?
Who has a Peloton!? Who is your favorite instructor or type of class? Is there anything I should know?
Freezer meals… have any that you love and make often that make busy days easier?
What’s your run or workout today? Fill me in!