Beck is 6 weeks old this Wednesday!
*I was very nervous about Andrew going back to work but it is somehow all working out (now to just add him going back to school too next month;). A lot less things get done that are on the to-do list when Andrew is gone but we are making it happen.
*Beck is still very unsure about taking baths.
*Have you heard that saying where people say to enjoy pregnancy because they are a lot easier when they are inside of you than when they are outside of you. I’m going to have to disagree with that statement… once the baby gets here I really realize how hard pregnancy is for me. The sleep deprivation is pretty cruel (and I’ve never had a colicky baby so I don’t know how hard that is) but I will take that ANY day over the nausea during pregnancy. BUT there are sometimes where I realize I have mascara all over my face from crying because sometimes newborn life is just really hard but pregnancy is still harder for me.
*I forgot to mention in Beck’s last post but he had tongue-tie and once the pediatrician fixed that at his 2 week appointment, it really helped me to feel better when feeding Beck.
*He already seems like he has doubled in size.
*A breastfeeding story that I STILL think about and double check haha—> When I was living in California in an apartment I had a deck that was right next to my neighbor’s deck. One morning I was feeding Brooke while on the phone and Brooke started crying. Whenever I would go outside it would calm Brooke down so I went out onto my deck to try to calm her down while I was on the phone. My neighbor was on his deck and so I waved at him and he darted inside…. a few seconds later I looked down and I realized I had not snapped my bra back up or buttoned my shirt ha. It was awkward every time I saw him after that.
*Beck has made Skye seem 30 times bigger than she was before we had him. It’s crazy how a newborn can make your other ‘baby’ feel like she is basically a teenager.
*The last few days Beck started giving us 3-4 hour stretches of sleep at night and it has felt so nice… it’s amazing how just an extra hour stretch of sleep can be so life changing.
*This picture was taken after Beck’s bath when I noticed that his hair was drying with a few curls in there. Andrew has curlyish hair so I wonder if Beck will too!
*I start off my day each morning with Liquid IV (code HUNGRYRUNNERGIRL can get you 25% off your order and free shipping) and I really think it is helping me with my milk supply. One packet in a glass of water provides the hydration of 2-3 bottles of water and it is packed with electrolytes and vitamins. PS Passion Fruit is my favorite flavor.
Staying hydrated along with eating every few hours is really helping me to keep up with Beck’s large appetite.
*I am pretty sure Beck is pretty much made of oranges. I ate SO MANY of them during pregnancy.
*I came up with a little trick… When I am feeding Beck in the middle of the night and feel like I am going to fall asleep while I am feeding him, I have some fruity gum on the nightstand that I grab. The flavor wakes me up a bit so I don’t fall asleep mid-feed.
*Knox loves to have me compare his newborn pictures to Beck to see if they look alike.
*His cooing is the absolute sweetest noise ever. I need to get a recording of them so I can listen to them on repeat.
*I’m really going to miss it when he isn’t snuggled up against me for 90% of the day.
I thought I would share the top 10 things we are using/loving/needing during this time with Beck.
* YI 1080 Camera – This is the camera we use as a baby monitor for Beck. The camera is AMAZING, you can change the settings on the camera to send push notifications to your phone if the baby is moving, crying, etc. It’s an amazing camera and amazing price!!
* Dream On Me Bassinet – This is the bassinet that we are using for Beck for the first few months until Beck goes in his own room/crib. It was really helpful when Beck was brand new we could have him next to the bed for easy access.
* Itszy Ritzy Pacifier – None of our kids took a pacifier this early and this one has been a game-changer for Beck and it’s the only one he will take.
* Graco Car Seat – We used the previous version of this for Skye, so we went with this car seat again. It is light, safe and comfortable.
* Baby Car Mirror – This mirror is so nice to be able to see Beck in the car, when safe of course!
* Baby Delight Go With Me Alpine Bouncer – This is an awesome portable bouncer that Beck likes to sit in. It is adjustable and collapsable, Beck loves it!
* Columbia Baby Boys’ Bunting – We love this little 1 piece bunting, it keeps Beck so warm and we have already used it a lot since he was born.
* Beco Baby Carrier – This beats the stroller anytime and it is so easy to haul Beck around in it!
* Bamboo Changing Pad Liners – These liners are amazing!! We use them on the changing table and bring them in the diaper bag wherever we might be changing Beck.
* Owlet Smart Sock 2 – This brings us so much peace of mind at night when Beck is sleeping. This lets us know what his heart rate and oxygen levels at night and alarm goes off if those numbers fall out of the normal range.
*And a bonus one that I mentioned in a previous post—> I am obsessed with these swaddle blankets. They work perfectly for swaddling and he sleeps in one every night.
Anyone else have some funny/interesting/embarrassing breastfeeding stories? Tell me I’m not the only one that has forgotten to cover up after feeding ha.
If you have any children, what are their ages right now? If you have more than one, do any of them look like each other?
Do you tend to hold babies on your right or your left side more?
-My right side feels much more natural!