Random tangent of the day but I came across this old picture of Brooke and decided to try the same hairstyle on Skye…
How Brooke has grown up so fast… I do not understand. Oh and that above pink blanket is still a part of her daily life but it just isn’t as bright anymore ha.
It felt great to have another rest day but Skye worked on some pull-ups.
After church my sister had us all over for dinner!
The highlight of the day on Saturday…
Andrew bought some mountain bikes for Brooke and Knox and it was like Christmas morning for him to see Brooke ride around on hers.
Then we went to get them all new helmets and Skye was not happy when we took hers off.
Okay, at some point I promise I will stop talking about the race BUT here is a video from the very end!
I forgot to post my outfit details from the marathon so here they are:
1. The Senita shorts are awesome. I had four gels in the pockets and my shorts just held them so perfectly and they didn’t move around at all. You can’t beat their prices either… these shorts even wash super well too.
2. RUNNER’S CORNER JERSEY—> The best running store you will ever visit in your life.
3. Garmin Fenix 6S Pro. I have never loved a piece of technology as much as I love this. Good thing I won money at the race to help me to justify this purchase ha;)
4. Balega socks. I’ve never had a blister with these socks and they are just my favorite socks ever.
5. These sunglasses. They are comfortable, they don’t move around and they are cheap enough that you don’t stress out too badly if you lose them. Emilee and I just wore our sunglasses on top of our head until the sun was out and then wore them for the rest of the race.
6. Arm sleeves from Brooks 6 years ago (they have some similar ones here). These arm sleeves have come to MANY races over the years. I was very glad that I was able to just throw them to Andrew when I saw him at mile 6 when it started to warm up outside.. I did not want to lose them.
7. The Brooks Hyperion. I actually wore the exact same pair of them that I wore the previous year for my 2:59 marathon. They are my lucky shoes and I might have to wear the same pair for CIM.
8. I wore this sports bra. I love it a lot and it is quite comfortable in my opinion.
For long term readers, my lucky bee sweatshirt (the grey one that had an embroidered bee on it and it was just not the most attractive piece of clothing ever but I loved it so much) has officially disappeared. I looked everywhere for it to take to St. George to wear it before the race because I’ve worn it before every big race that I’ve done since I got it and now it’s lost.
So if anyone finds it, please let me know.
Just a really low-quality picture of the pockets on my shorts. Oh I also had Andrew bring my Birkenstocks to the race so I could put those on right after the race.
Sadly we are past the days of shorts and tank tops around here.
My running partner Jenn amazes me because she doesn’t wear gloves! This was at the end of 8 miles together and my fingers were frozen (I even had handwarmers in there) and her fingers were sweating she said. I really need to acclimate to this cold weather because it came FAST this year and I’m not sure I know how to do speed work in the cold.
And THIS… absolutely incredible! A lot of limits are being broken this year, 2019 has been a great one so far!
My new life quote:
In case you want to catch up on last week, the top 3 most viewed posts were:
What are some of the pieces that you absolutely love to wear at races? Sunglasses at a race—> yes or no?
What usually gets cold FIRST when you are out on a run on a cold day?
Who raced this weekend? TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!
Anyone reading bike? Mountain bike? Road Bike? Both?