Brookester came home on Sunday night. She had the best time with her dad and step-mom! It’s always the best feeling when we are all back together again (even though it wasn’t long before Knox left;) but next week we will get a solid week all together which will be so nice.
6.57 miles @ 8:13 average with my friends. Jenn brought me some of her garden grown zucchini’s and I used them in dinner last night. I can’t wait to make bread with them tonight. Our runs together have been a lot longer than this normally so when we finished we felt weird because we still had so much to talk about, ha.
Also, do not burn your arm with a curling iron. It hurts so bad.
Tis’ the season to be going into Dr. Bennett’s often to get worked on. I really need to stay on top of prevention of injuries with all of the training we are doing right now. My glutes were completely shut down (hence my hamstrings feeling so tight lately) so he did muscle reactivation for me and adjustments and I left feeling like a new human.
We are really trying to soak in every last second of summer so we went to the pool.
Also, savoring every ice cream cone in the sun that I can get… before I know it I’ll be drinking hot chocolate three times a day again.
Time for a bunch of tangents to talk about:
1) My niece had a pumpkin cookie the other day. I feel like we are still in the snow cone/ice cream stage of seasons right now but who knows… maybe it’s never too early to start with pumpkin?
2. I’ve had a few people ask what Andrew is doing for work. He is on the Respiratory Sepsis Floor right now and absolutely loving it. Nurse’s schedules are awesome and lame at the same time, haha. We LOVE when he has a bunch of days off in a row but then it’s crazy when we feel like we just see each other in passing for a few days when he is working. It really it could not be a better situation for him and our family too. It’s nice because he can also schedule working the days that Knox is gone so that the 50% of the time that we have Knox he is able to be here for that!
3. The other day a biker came up behind Emilee and I and told us that we have the exact same stride. I guess that is what happens when you run 60ish miles a week together with someone.
4. My cute neighbor makes the best little girl rompers and they are all 30-50% off right now here!
5. My mom gave me this book. I just started reading it and I’m loving it already. Kacey McCallister lost both of his legs so the book is about his story and how he felt hope and accomplished SO much.
6. Please help Natalie out! I’ve never had to stop during a race (unless I was pregnant) and for me I just don’t eat fiber for a day or two before a race to prevent this issue. I stick to simple carbs and proteins leading up a race and that’s worked for my body. Can anyone help her out on this… ‘ain’t nobody got time to use the bathroom!!!’ Haha.
Can anyone help out Natalie with her above question?
Too early for pumpkin or do you welcome it with your arms open at any time of year?!
Nurses reading—> what area are you currently working in?
Any delicious zucchini recipes for me?! I’ve heard I have more coming my way too:)