It’s been a few days since I’ve filled you in on some of the things that we’ve been up to around here:
1. Sunday= couch all day and Monday I got out with the Skyester for a few errands. On Monday we also took around things to people that helped us on race day and made it to lunch with some friends. A few hours after lunch my stomach felt sooooo off. I figured it was from the craziness of the ultra but then I started shaking a bit too. At about this point some of the girls that I had lunch with texted saying that they were having the same symptoms. FOOD POISONING. It wasn’t the most extreme case at all of food poisoning but yeah… I’ll be okay never eating there again (a local taco place).
2. His diploma arrived, his NCLEX is scheduled for next Friday and he has already had an interview at the hospital he really wants to be working at. Andrew. Is. Killing. It.
3. My R8 Roll Recovery hurts so bad but it is helping to get my muscles ready for action again. The first two days I was crazy sore but I’m actually feeling like I am bouncing back faster than road races… that soft dirt/mud must be the answer.
4. We finally went out for my mom’s birthday lunch. On her birthday I was sick so we pushed it to yesterday instead.
5. The steak salad + sweet potato fries at Cubby’s were something else and I was very thankful to not get food poisoning from this salad:)
6. I think I finally satisfied my need for salt and finally felt like something sweet again. I picked up one of my favorite treats to celebrate the 50 miler. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory chocolate covered cinnamon bears.
7. From 2:00-2:48 pm yesterday Skye crawled in and out of this plastic container on repeat. It was quite entertaining.
8. Soccer season is here which means between Brooke and Knox we have about 6 games/practices a week now.
9. Brooke’s first game is tonight!
10. Skye was very invested in the game.
11. We went out to get some more errands done. On Saturday I thought I would never wear shoes again but I am!
12. Brooke had to get some new running shoes because cross-country starts soon.
13. We drove up some of the hills that I used dozens of times during my training for my ultra. Being in the car driving up them made me tired;)
14. Life in Pieces (one of our favorite shows ever) season 3 just came on Hulu so that is what our evenings have consisted of.
15. Judging by my sock in the below picture… I STILL kick the inside of my leg when I run. I have done this for about 20 years now… it’s not with every stride but throughout a run it happens. I think it means I need more strength training.
Ever been food poisoned from a restaurant before? Did you ever go back and eat there again?
-I still can’t go back to Papa Murphy’s after I was food poisoned there when I was 9.
Chocolate covered cinnamon bears… terrible or a delicious idea?
Anyone else kick the insides of their legs when they run?
-I just kick my right leg, not my left.
What are your favorite summer running socks?