1. Two times on a treadmill in one week! That hasn’t happened in a long time. Andrew was gone Saturday morning and with both Brooke and Skye home that meant the treadmill helped me to get in a run. I woke up feeling really good which I was surprised about so I jumped on the treadmill to run for an hour. A few minutes in and I was beyond bored so I decided to turn it into a workout. .5 mile easy, .5 mile @ 6:35 x 8. I found the one thing that motivates me to do speed right now and that is being bored on the treadmill. Intervals make the time go by so much faster for me. My friend that I went trail running with a few weeks ago (he has done a few 100 milers) told me that with training, intensity is intensity. I might not be able to get up to the mountains as much as I would like for training but I can run hills and get in some other intense workouts to help prepare me for race day. 8 miles @ 7:27 average pace.
PS I was wishing the whole time I did the power bun for the workout… it makes going fast a million times more enjoyable.
57 miles for the week (55 last week). 9 on the trails, 11.5 on the treadmill, 2.5 miles pushing Skye, about 25 miles more than I expected to get in with Andrew’s schedule this last week, 1 strength training session, most of the miles at an easy pace and many hills climbed! PS I just got the training book from Krissy Moehl and I’ll be piecing together a plan from there most likely!
2. Skye wore her first pair of 2 piece pajamas. They made her look 2 years older… I think I’ll need to go back to the zipper pjs.
3. The first thing Brooke said when she woke up yesterday morning was, ’TIME TO START MY CALENDAR.’ She has been waiting for Dec. 1st for a long time.
4. We got a little bit of snow. I’m excited to see our backyard when we get dumped on with snow in the next few weeks.
5. We got out to get a few errands done and made it back in time without Skye falling asleep in the car for her nap (she does not transfer) <— SUCCESS.
6. Beretta and Brooke had a race around the backyard. Both are getting speedier and speedier by the day.
7. A neighbor brought over these for Christmas… Caramel apples are my 6th love language.
8. General Mills sent us some new cereal which is funny because I bought the same exact ones at the store a few days ago. Both are heavenly but the cinnamon is my favorite of the two.
9. Five year age gap and they play together a ton.
10. We hit up another tradition… The Festival of Trees!
11. All of the proceeds go to Primary Children’s Hospital. Each tree there is incredible.
12. Skye was over the crowds by the end…
13. This is going to be a long shot BUT I saw this toy there on one of the tree’s (you aren’t allowed to touch anything so I couldn’t move the books to see more of the packaging) and I really want to get this for Skye. ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THIS?! I searched Amazon for way too long and I know there are similar things out there I can definitely get BUT I just wanted to check here first:)
14. Mileage is back up so OOFOS are back on… they save my plantar from getting angry at me (I’ll spare you my runner toes).
15. I LOVE this Simple Service list that I got from the Dani Marie blog. We will be doing these with our kids!
What was the last package that you received?
What are you up to today?
When was the last time you were on the treadmill?
Best run from last week?