How has your week been so far? I hope you had an amazing Christmas. I’d love to hear all about it!
I feel like we have a lot to catch up on since my last few posts were kind of short so let’s get moving.
1. A lot of running happened over the previous two days. 36 miles of running to be exact (6 of the miles with Skye too:). Knox comes home today and Brooke gets home tomorrow so I wanted to get in the long runs before they were back and while Skye was asleep.
2. PB & J sandwich before my 20 miler and one during. I saw a lot of people on the path when I was eating this sandwich as I was running… they were probably so confused by what I was doing. I’m happy to report that my stomach is handling real food quite nicely during the run.
3. I went early in the morning, climbed about 1,050 feet over the course of the 20 miles and finished with an 8:29 pace. I love using a hydration pack… I was able to drink so much water while running. The convenience is too good to be true and I’m really getting used to wearing it while I run. Overall, I felt like I could have kept going on and on for a long time during this run!
Also, Andrew was still not feeling super great so that is why he didn’t join me and the majority of this run was in the dark so I didn’t jump on the trails.
4. This sickness actually traveled to multiple members of our family, it spread like wildfire. Skye and I were some of the few that didn’t catch it. My brother started feeling better again before they left and he decided to match me.
5. I love seeing these little cousins all bond together.
6. Skye’s favorite present—> the new binkies that we bought for her. She kept switching between the blue and purple one and then carrying the other one around with her everywhere.
7. We went to Spitz for their incredible fries and salads. I think Skye really enjoyed all of the attention on her. We are incredibly grateful that we will get to spend every holiday/bday with her.
8. And then we spent our Christmas Eve eating candy and watching movies. Chocolate covered gummy bears are so so so good.
9. Christmas morning presents and snuggling.
10. The second long run of the week—> 16 miles. The first 6 miles were with Skye and Andrew and I did about 1000 feet of climbing for this run. I pushed Skye for 5 of the miles and the last 3 miles were SO INCREDIBLY HARD. These are the runs that are going to help prepare me for race day.
Both of the long runs this week were not on the trails but I found really hilly roads to run on so I’ll call it even;).
11. We watched every Christmas episode of the Office afterwards.
12. All of the family that wasn’t worried about getting sick from each other (because they’d all been exposed already) came over for take-out. Andrew and I realized we didn’t want to cook so we just cooked up a pizza for the kids and got Chinese food for the adults.
13. Andrew and I made up a bunch of random games before people came over and they were a hit.
15. Everyone partied pretty hard.
What were some of the highlights of your last few days?
What’s your workout for today?
-Taking a rest day and hitting up yoga (I figure if I write it here then I will be more motivated to go to a class so I can really stretch out).
Last thing you ate while running?
Post-Christmas plans? Relaxing?