Good morning guys! I hope your morning is off to a great start. A portion of this post is sponsored by Basis. I feel very strongly about sharing this company with you today because it is so important to do what we need to do to take care of our mental health.
1. Basis. I had never heard of Basis until just a few weeks ago. I think it is such an incredible resource. Life has a lot of beautiful parts but there are definitely things that happen to each of us that can make it very hard too. I think that running and exercise are extremely good for our mental health but I also think that there is so much more we need to be doing to take care of ourselves mentally too, especially when hard things come along.
Basis is a modern approach to mental health. For $35 a session, you can get same-day access to a specialist that is trained in research-backed approaches to help you work through tough times. The session lasts up to 45 minutes. It is extremely easy to set up an appointment (you can choose if you would like to talk with a male or female) and then they send you a text and email reminder right before your appointment. It is very easy to connect to the video session and get started. The link is sent through a text. Together you come up with an action plan and help you to come up with solutions for getting you through the tough times. I keep thinking about how incredibly helpful this would have been to use during my divorce. I could have used Basis from my own couch while Brooke was napping during the really hard things I was trying to process/deal with. You can choose to do each session with a different trained specialist or use the same trained specialist each time. You can choose to do just one session, it’s your choice. I really wanted to share this because I think it is a very good option to help people get through the hard things. You can’t beat the price and how easy it is to use to get some help when you need it. The holiday season can be hard when you are going through dark times so this would be a great time to use this. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
You can use the code JANAE290 to get $20 off!
2. The Brooks Canopy Jacket Nightlife. The days are shortening so I’m sure a lot of us are getting in more miles when it is dark compared to when we were running this summer. This jacket helps you to be SEEN during those darker runs. I love how it looks, it is extremely breathable and flexible, it is light and perfect for this time of year. A lot of my miles are on running trails but having reflective gear is SO important to me for the early mornings. PS Beretta joins me for most of my dark morning runs and her leash is reflective but I’m wondering if any of you that run with your dogs have something else for them to wear that is reflective too?
3. Some great tips for you… let’s be safe!
4. I’m not a protein bar person. There are a few that I think are pretty good but most protein bars I think taste absolutely terrible ha. I would prefer to eat eggs, a smoothie, pancakes, toast or oatmeal for breakfast but a lot of mornings I don’t have time to make something right after my run because of the kids.
My sister-in-law told me to try these from Costco. I was very reluctant (I do not like the protein powdery taste) but finally grabbed some. I love them. A lot. I eat one right when I finish a run with a banana and it is perfect for me. An hour or two later I might have some oatmeal or something but these make it so easy to eat something fast.
5. Another Costco find. I have seen this brand on other bloggers/Instagram friends I follow so I thought I would finally try them. I grabbed them at Costco and they are amazing. JoJo’s Chocolate Bark. PS I do not love that they have ‘Guilt Free’ written on the package because food and guilt should not be associated together in my opinion… guilt comes from things like not having integrity, making bad choices or hurting somebody… not from food. Okay, enough of a tangent but I do love the way that these taste and the delicious nutrients they include.
6. We decided on a Robot Vacuum… the eufy! I was more leaning towards the Roomba but Andrew found this one. He won but I’m glad he did because this thing is awesome. We have been using it for a few weeks now and love it. It is quiet, it picks up all of Beretta’s hair and crumbs nicely and it goes up onto our rug and vacuums that as well. I still sweep some of the areas it can’t get to about once a week BUT I no longer have to sweep every day and I love it.
7. I’m 32 years old and I am just now realizing how much I love having white noise while I sleep. This fan on in our room at night helps me to sleep so much better now. I’m addicted.
8. His and her ice cream. Tillamook ice cream is something else. I add extra marshmallows to the Fireside S’mores (the best flavor they have in my opinion).
9. Skye is obsessed with taking baths these days. She will play in there happily for 30 minutes.
10. I shared this sweatshirt with you last year and I’ve had a lot of questions from people whenever I wear it now so I thought I would share it again! It is the Volcom Tower Pullover Fleece Sweatshirt! I can’t find the same colors that I have anymore but their colors this year are so cute
11. This dress. $20 (and free shipping with Amazon Prime). A friend recommended this dress and that is how I found it. I absolutely love it. The price is awesome and they offer a bunch of different colors. It is very comfortable and I bought it in black and pink and might get a few more colors in the future.
12. The New York City Ghost 11s from Brooks. Aren’t they cool? Good luck to all of you heading into the taper for the New York City Marathon! I’m so excited for you! You can read my recap from this marathon HERE!
13. OXO containers for my pantry. My plan is to eventually fill my pantry with them without Andrew noticing by buying one or two at a time over the years;) I’ve gotten a bunch on discount at Home Goods and at Costco (by buying the last set that was on display). They keep food so fresh and I just think they are pretty. Now I need some labels.
Do you sleep with any white noise in your room?
Who will be running the New York City Marathon this year? Who has a big race happening before the end of the year? Which one?
Favorite store brand of ice cream?
How do you make running in the dark safer?