1. 9 miles for my last run of the week. I was going to attempt to get up in time to run with Josse but that didn’t happen so it was a solo run for me.
2. It was my second Saturday in a row where I saw a rainbow during my run. I’ll take that as a good sign.
3. I also got some rain off and on throughout the entire run which felt really nice. 3 mile w/u, 3 miles @ 6:55 average, 3 mile c/d. My coach told me to start at a 7:05-10 and work down from there and finish that three mile set feeling strong so that is what I went for —> 7:05, 6:55, 6:49. Things did not feel as great as I was hoping but I’m guessing that is from that lovely experience we get as women to not feel great every month!
4. I listened to this podcast during the w/u and c/d and it made me like Stephanie Bruce even more than I already did.
5. Brooke started feeling a lot better Saturday morning and back to herself again but still tired along with a little bit of a sore throat. Skye is lucky because it is very unlikely for her to get strep at her age! I feel so bad for my sister and her family though—> 4 out of her 5 kids all got strep too! Luckily, everyone got on antibiotics very quickly.
Skye and I joined my sister for a walk after my run.
6. I saw the cutest thing while we were walking. One of the homes has a little library in front of their house with a sign explaining to the kids that they can take a book and return it when they are done.
7. Skye loves to put her little foot out like this whenever we go on a walk.
8. Andrew noticed this while he was out—> My brother borrowed Andrew’s car for a few days and returned it with a Dodger’s license plate cover. Andrew had an Angels one on before this and my brother is a huge Dodgers fan so he thought he would switch it out ha. He also cleaned the entire inside of the car big time so Andrew wasn’t too upset;_
9. My Garmin watch tan line is coming in nicely… the picture doesn’t do it justice.
10. We did our normal nighttime routines.
11. And we were all in our pjs and ready for bed when I decided to join in with my friends for dinner. Andrew was going to work on the bathrooms (we are putting in tile) and the girls were about to go to bed so it all kind of worked out nicely.
12. 180 Tacos is kind of our meeting spot. Jicama on salad should always be a thing.
13. Whitney, Megan and some deep life conversations.
14. Two doors down from 180 Tacos has the best dipped cones ever. Sweet Cream—> Go if you can. They have cookies ‘n cream dipped cones.
Time for a rest day, church (I’m teaching the lesson for the youth group) and lots of laziness. I cannot wait.
Here is how my training went last week:
Monday: 8 miles @ 8:33
Tuesday: Track day! 2 mile w/u, 5 x 1000m @ 6:22 average pace (w/2 minute walking recoveries), 5 x 300m @ 5:44 average pace (w/2 minute walking recoveries), 3 mile c/d with my sis and nieces. 9 miles total!
Wednesday: 5 miles @ 8:45
Thursday: 8 miles easy listening to music and not a podcast?!? 8:30 average pace.
Friday: 6.58 miles @ 8:37 with some friends!
Saturday: 9 miles @ 7:43 average. 3 w/u, 3 @ 7:05, 6:55, 6:49, 2 c/d.
How was your running this last week? What was your best run?
Do you have a restaurant that you eat at more than any other restaurant?
What was the last sickness that you have had?
Do you go on walks often?