Good morning! We are showing off some pretty delicious meals with you today and also sharing some things Andrew and I are doing for our relationship during this crazy time of life. This post is sponsored by Blue Apron. I have a great deal for you at the end of the post. Enjoy!
Skye was pretty excited to see what our Blue Apron box included this time around:) Gotta love being able to skip the grocery store scene with kids and instead have everything delivered right to your door. Blue Apron sends everything to you in all of the exact proportions that you will need for your meals in a refrigerated box. After using Blue Apron for almost four years now, every ingredient that I have ever received from them has always been fresh and ready to use! Blue Apron is dedicated to developing a sustainable food system. They always use high quality ingredients.
We chose the 2-Person Plan this time (you can also choose the Family Plan if that works for your situation) and selected three recipes for Andrew and me. They offer 8 recipes to choose from each week (they use to offer 6) so you have so many different and delicious dinners to choose from that your taste buds will love.
We started with the Baked Pepper & Potato Hash w/ Eggs & Cheddar Cheese. I love all of the colors:
You start off by boiling the potatoes and then searing them before adding everything together to put in the oven! The potatoes turned out so crispy and creamy on the inside. The cave-aged crumbled cheddar cheese pieces were the perfect topping for this meal.
This dish took a total of 35 minutes for us to make. It was so good and full of nutrients.
Somehow Blue Apron made Kale taste delicious;)
Another one of the meals I wanted to show you from this Blue Apron box was the Zesty Shrimp & Fettucine w/ Calabrian Chile & Sweet Peppers.
I shared a few of the noodles with Brooke and she actually loved the heat in this dish from the Calabrian chile paste… I’m proud of her. She is quite adventurous with food these days!
In case you are wondering about pricing, Blue Apron starts as low as $8.99 per serving! We always finish our meals from Blue Apron full and satisfied so don’t worry about it not being enough food either, we always have enough.
This shrimp dish was one of my favorite meals ever from Blue Apron. The entire meal was so flavorful and the rich cream sauce that you make for the pasta was excellent. I love pasta and when you add shrimp and a new-to-me sauce to the mix, I’m a happy camper! The sweet peppers had the perfect crunch and as I am typing this I am dreaming of eating it again right now ha.
Happy eating everyone—> we’ve got to fuel these engines of ours so we can keep running strong!
Let’s talk about something else going on in our world—> Turns out new little babies attempt to and somedays successfully take over their parents’ lives;)
Between Brooke, Knox, Skye, work, Andrew’s schooling, church responsibilities, training and my deep need (otherwise I’m not fun to be around) for plenty of sleep… Sometimes Andrew and I realize that working on our relationship is hanging out on the back burner which is not okay for us. We have started doing a few things together to really make sure we put each other first and I’m not gonna lie, it has been really fun.
1. Yoga at night together or at any time during the day we have a few minutes without kids. It’s something we can do at home and it is something other than my normal go-to of just turning on Netflix and zoning out at night together once the kids are asleep. It is something that is good for our health and our running and it is something we love to do together. Half the time I end up laughing so hard over us both failing at having any balance or flexibility but we love it. It can be 10 minutes or 45 minutes but we get to talk and have something to do at home together without having to get a babysitter.
2. Switching up the routine. Just adding the smallest changes to our routine makes the biggest difference for us. Life is probably pretty monotonous for a lot of us—> diapers, work, clean, dishes, sleep, run, eat, laundry repeat but throwing in little changes into our time together is the best. It keeps things fun. Whether that is dancing in the living room, writing little notes to each other, grabbing the other person’s favorite treat for them, a foot massage, driving around looking at our dream homes or sitting on the porch together once the kids go to sleep, it is so nice to switch up the every day routine a bit. Andrew is much more spontaneous than I am (routine is my middle name;) so I love getting out of doing the same thing all of the time and thinking of little things to switch up.
3. We have times where we talk about everything but the kids. This is kind of more my problem than Andrew’s but there are times where I just talk non-stop about kid stuff. We decided that each day we need to spend time talking about all of the other things in life besides our kids that we have going on in our brains. I feel like it is so easy for me to get caught up in the kids but I love spending time with Andrew where we just talk about us and our goals/thoughts/needs.
4. Reading books together. We both have different types of books that we naturally gravitate towards but we have been wanting to choose books every now and then that we both will find interesting that we get to talk to each other about. Andrew listens to books mostly while running (because he has so much to read for school he doesn’t really have other time to read) and I get in a lot of reading during breastfeeding. The first book we read/discussed together was You Are A Badass (please read, so good) and it was so fun to be reading the same thing and see each other’s different perspectives on the book.
5. Eating something other than pancakes (or some other boring meal ha;). I am not the most creative chef on the planet so I love having meals from Blue Apron that gets us out of my pancake rut and making something way more flavorful, healthy and exciting. We’ve had the goal the last few months to eat at home more often (which I’m proud to say we have actually stuck to and it’s been amazing) and Blue Apron helps us to fulfill that goal. It’s always fun for Andrew and I to spend some time together in the kitchen talking while we make something delicious for us to eat and having a mini date together at home.
I made him do this picture for me, it was not his idea to reenact Lady & the Tramp.
Time for you to get a deal—> First 50 readers will get $50 off their first two weeks of Blue Apron! Just click HERE! Remember there is no commitment with Blue Apron, you can skip or cancel the service at any time! Don’t forget to check out all of their recipes here—> they are always adding new meals to their menu each week!
Any good book recommendations that you think both Andrew and I would like? I like our two-person book-club ha.
Are you more of a routine type person or spontaneous?
Who has been doing yoga lately? Do you go to a studio, gym or do it at home?
What things/people keep your life busiest at this point in your life?