I’ve got a random and short post for you today but I’ll have my very long and over-detailed recap up tomorrow morning!
1. I’m BACK to racing and feeling like my legs are going to fall off again. I had a great day and hit a 1:30:32 but I am guessing I’ll be sore for the month of May. I have so many thoughts about the race that I want to share with you.
2. Andrew sure supports me with this running thing and I feel really lucky. Getting us to the race and taking over kid duty all night takes a lot of work!
3. Brooke and her cousin. We think they look so much alike:
4. The course yesterday ate my muscles up so I spent a lot of time stretching and I’ll be spending a lot of time today doing the same!
5. Andrew picked up Cafe Rio for us because it sounded so good after the race. We had grand plans to go out to a restaurant and then go swimming but hanging out at Andrew’s sister’s house sounded like a much better idea.
6. Brooke and her cousin played non-stop all day long.
7. Yep, be careful. (Source)
8. Finally got the two of us ready for the day.
9. LOVED this short video with Des. “Just show up for this one mile. Just show up for this one task. I think it’s a great way to look at things. Just keep showing up.”
10. Pizza and the Stanley Cup Playoffs… Papa John’s pizza > all other delivery pizza in my opinion.
11. We went on a short walk in our pajamas to loosen up my body.
12. Andrew picked up my current favorite treat. By far the best type of Sour Patch ever.
13. A calf massage was very needed.
14. A friend recommended this book so I’ll be reading it during the long drive home today.
15. We are learning that Skye’s favorite thing to do when we travel is to sleep the exact opposite hours that we want to sleep;)
Here is what my training log for last week looked like:
Monday: 6 miles @ 8:28 average pace
Tuesday: 4.9 miles, 1.5 mile w/u, 6 x 2 minutes @ 7:15 w/ 60 second recovery jogs, 1 mile cool-down. Average pace 7:53.
Wednesday: 40 minutes easy = 4.64 miles @ 8:38 average pace.
Friday: 4 miles @ 8:48 average pace with 4 x 15 seconds @ 6:20ish pace.
Saturday: Half-marathon—> 1:30:32 (6:54 average)!
32.64 miles for the week.
What was your best run last week?
What are you doing today?
Are you sore anywhere from running?